some folk can't face up to havin' been wrong for so long

What I couldn't understand, was the fact that most of the elders

in the cong I attended had children pursuin' higher education

but it didn't stop them from discouraging others as long as they were not

discouraging there own

Elders ( salesmen ) , promote the product, but don't use it themselves

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yeah, I thought "Jehovah" is supposed to be the Armageddon Survival Kit tm !?!?

"Trust in Jehovah with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding .... blah, blah, blah."

The Israelites in Egypt didn't have Exodus Survival Kits tm .

The Christians in Jerusalem during the 1st Century didn't have Roman Occupation Survival Kits tm .

There's a huge theological disconnect here.

What people really DO need is JW PTSD Survival Kits. First on that list is a membership on JWN, second is a good counselor or therapist.

• wasblind
    wasblind

You on a roll 00DAD,

whatever happened to "JEHOVAH PROVIDES " ain't that what they tell

folks

WUZ ZUP WIT THE SURVIVAL KIT , THEY DON'T LIKE MANNA ???

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Kool Jo:

Not being born in and not having any mental problems I would push the envelope further than with born in parents. Check your kh library and see what books you can get your hands on. If you can get your hands on Russell's Study in the Scriptures you'll be a lucky man. If they have anything that old try Russell's SS3 - Thy Kingdom Come.

You can tell your parents you're going to start having regular personal study time. If you can get your hands on old books from the library use that, if not if your parents know anyone with old books that you can research on Russell's original thoughts. There are some dubs who don't view Russell's books with high regard but these are generally asshole elders who know exactly what's in those books and where they lead to.

Make a plan, get your parents involved in your personal studies, and see how they react to different information you uncover and how they respond. Don't expect to wake them up over night if ever but your chances are better than that of born in parents. If they allowed you or even encouraged you to go to college, most likely they would never shun you or treat you like many other witnesses but you know them and you've watched them over the years how they acted with others and what they said of others who were df.

Good luck.

ps. This thread might give you some ideas.

• Hermano
    Hermano

I think that's a small but good sign. I would resist the urge to say or show them anything inflammatory. The fact that they voiced a genuine opinion instead of the group dictated one is great. Foster that. Encourage it by asking about it. Let them talk about why they disagree with the COs comment. Maybe that will help them remember other things they dont agree with. I do beleive that your parents are not alone and there is a silent but significant number of JW's that disagree with the extremist elements within the religion.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

So I finally told my parents about the Condi child molestation case...and to my surprise they were unaware even though they only watch news be ause the "end is near"....

Initially they said it was very sad, then they said that "Jeh will work things out"...I can't beleive it...I'm sure those who are still "in" because of parents/family can relate to this...it's as if the cult have made us lack empathy towards such things...especially if it puts the WTBS in a bad light...

I thought for a moment their could be a glimmer of hope for my parents...but I guess not

Kool Jo

• stillin
    stillin

the Witnesses have a whole collection of stories of how Jehovah can turn around a bad situation and turn it into a blessing. It corresponds with the world's saying that God works in mysterious ways. But of course, it's much truer with the Witnesses.

Sounds like we either have the same CO or they all say exactly the same things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit