Sparlock has a Facebook Fan page!!!

by discreetslave 86 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

But then slimboy, said apostate would be in violation of wt copywrite me thinks.... Irony for sure but not fincially sound

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You think the Watchtower has patented Sparlock? I doubt it. If they pursued a copyright violation that would be a funny story in itself!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Not pantented but im fairly sure the copywrite on the dvd would protect the unique name of a fictional toy "sparlock". It would easy to show that the toy was directly derived from the dvd and thus falls under copywrite. Im not a lawyer, just seems dicy to me

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I see but what would happen to someone who broke copyright? If they were merely forced to stop production then what is lost? Such legal action in itself would invite unwanted attention to the Watchtower. Either they pursue a legal case or not, but either way they lose.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well it IS legal to lampoon another work. Titles cannot be copyrighted---I'm not sure about names---though perhaps some names can be protected through a trademark of some type. If there was fear, we could make a bunch of adventures for Sporlock the Warrior Wizard---and that would clearly be satire and the could do nothing about it.

• sd-7
    sd-7

And there's another flaw to that: how would the Watchtower Society look DEFENDING A COPYRIGHT OF A WIZARD WARRIOR?? Would they really go so far? You think that wouldn't make the press? I don't think it would be in their best interests. Just a thought. I may be wrong.

--sd-7

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL---Oh, we would make SURE it made the press!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That's what I was trying to say sd-7.

I think this could be a real goer. Writing Sparlock stories would be a great idea too New Chapter. If it takes off it could go viral and become the Watchtower's "Kony moment".

• cantleave
    cantleave

It is already pretty much a rip off of a Lego toy!

I wonder what they would say about the Video?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I would absolutely LOVE to write Sparlock stories!

When first we left our intrepid hero, he had been thrown in the trash by the WT enemy. It looked so hopeless, because the lid was so high. HA! But they had not counted on his wand which sparked and heated until he burned a hole into the bin. Using magic, he floated up to young Caleb's bedroom window that night. . .

"It's a cult son. Run when you can! Until that day comes, I will be here to help. Hide me in your closet. I will spend the days sneaking around the house hiding WT literature and snagging runners in your mother's stockings!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit