New DVD "Become Jehovah's Friend"

by treadnh2o 364 Replies latest watchtower bible

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I am truly heartbroken right now. I think this may be the end of my marriage.

• simon17
    simon17

The video of the dirty footprints/cleaning up marbles --> whatever, really. Its over the top but listening to parents about basic safety and cleanliness is not the wrong thing when you're 0-3 years old. I dont know. It was ridiculous but not upsetting to me.

The video of the toy --> made my jaw drop (literally). That was scaaaaaaary. Mom was even made to look like a complete B**** when she scolded him. I was scared of her. And the kid looked soooooooooooo sad. You could see his natural thinking being eaten away as he was manipulated.

• cedars
    cedars

outsmartthesystem

I am truly heartbroken right now. I think this may be the end of my marriage.

How so??

Cedars

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Cedars - Because my wife will LOVE this video. She will notice the Pixar type animation and say that it is proof that Jehovah is directing them to make the animation more amusing for kids. She already worships the GB under the pretense that she is "serving Jehovah". She will watch this over and over with my kids until they "understand" that magic is bad and that mindless obedience to the GB is the only thing that God wants from them. This is not something I will be able to keep quiet about. The indoctrination and ability to manipulate a child's mind on a daily basis is just too much. Our marriage is already on the ropes........this can't end well

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Borges,

it took imagination to come up wit " The generation change "

I think a child would have came up wit somethin' much better

than a group of out of touch men in brooklyn

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The Tony Morris intro is pure fluff. Not entertaining or instructional, just blah-blah-"Governing Body"-blah-blah.

A kid might find the animation interesting... unless they've seen Toy Story, The Incredibles, etc. The videos are brief, for short attention spans, and there are some parts intended to be amusing. To me, it's the equivalent of putting a couple of chocolate chips in a plate of overcooked vegetables and trying to convince the kids that it's candy.

No doubt they've already written an article relating letters of appreciation they've received and how lots of JW kids have already watched these vids continuously until the DVDs melted.

Perhaps in their next video, Caleb will want a puppy, but then the parents talk him out of it because: The Bible condemns dogs as filthy and only fit for destruction. Jesus never had a dog. A Puppy would require time and money that would be better spent out preaching. Nobody will be around to take care of the dog when they go to the Discrap Crapvention and the dog will destroy the house. Instead of just a dog, the parents promise him a pet lion in the New Earf.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

self-explanatory

Watchtower 'ghouls for god'

1957 release the Watchtower's 'paradise book'.

My first 'coloring book' and it did terrorize us!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Tons better, cedars.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

The first challenge from a JW on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUor9wkgbLk&lcor=1&lc=G1JCzpiFldQYB6j8ur2BsHRMexYEtinFfLZ4DLL5mxs&lch=email_reply&feature=em-comment_reply_received

I can't be bothered but if any-one else wants to debate him feel free.

This is his comment

Apostates? constantly need to fuel their hate for Jehovah's people. Its like food to them, they must find out whats the latest thing going on in order to rip on JWs, they do this to reinforce and convince themselves that they did the right thing by leaving and not coming back to Gods worldwide congregation.

Justice4vr

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

He's not even making an argument, just an attack on apostates in general. Not worth the effort.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit