New DVD "Become Jehovah's Friend"

by treadnh2o 364 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

AmeliaAshtonBrooke's upload of the vid is on /co/ - Comics & Cartoons , a channel auto generated by youtube, and picking up some hits...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jGJxSky1fo

http://www.youtube.com/blogs/id/XnG4VXIL9Mk

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

Comics and cartoons? Damn, they got that right, my first reaction was to collapse laughing. Or should it be posted under "Horror"?

• cedars
    cedars

I've emailed www.mumsnet.com about this - it's a fairly influential website for mums in the UK. We'll see what they make of it!

I also thought about posting links on a few wizard forums, but I'm not exactly sure what I would achieve by doing so!

Cedars

• lisaBObeesa
  • Chariklo
    Chariklo

I just watched the first section again.

Caleb has a great time flying that plane, zoom, zoom, up in the clouds. The music isn't the Ride of the Valkyries, though the rhythm's similar, but it is very much like the music for any cartoon on a similar theme. Good stuff. Then he comes down to earth.

All that poor child does is run and walk on the grass and paved path. The grass is bright green, mowed short, neat and tidy as all good JW grass ought to be, path all clean and swept.Then he goes indoors and messes the floor....

...Uuh? Messes the floor? Leaves dirty footprints that entail "all that work" (Dad says) to clean? How? No speck of mud ever got into that garden. It's a JW garden, for heaven's sake! So clean it's holy.

No possibility whatsoever that muddy footprints would be left.

Caleb, you were duped. Mum and Dad are liars. Go back and play. Leave your stuff lying around. A bit of mess in that house would do it the world of good. Fish Sparlock back out of the bin!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I posted a question about it and a link in psychology.about.com, it is waiting for approval, interested in seeing replies if any.

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

Altogether now... "Listen, OBEY, be depressed, We seven old farts know best, Slave your whole life for us and never rest, Listen, OBEY, be depressed"

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"How can they be idiotic and ignorant enough to begin to suggest that a plastic toy wizard would upset an intelligent creator?"

Because 7 million people worship THEM under the pretense that they are worshipping God! They can make up any rules they want and claim that it is coming from God and all the sheeple will listen

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

I sent a link to the "Toy Story" to a female friend (never been a JW).

Her comment as an outsider:

"That poor "kid" --> he'll turn into a 20 year old with a collection of action figures....and any girls that come over will think he is creepy."

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Their view of God makes him out to be a toddler prone to temper tantrums, manipulation and threats.

Not much of a god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit