Lost Parrot Tells Police His Address

by Perry 12 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

He was pining for the (Japanese) fjords.

Beautiful plumage.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Have to tell my two true stories related to parrot and budgie with a jw twist.

My husband had a bible study with an old sailor who had a parrot in a large cage, the sailor was very rough spoken and often swore. During the study the parrot would suddenly start swearing like a trooper, f words and everything inbetween. The old guy would scream at the bird to shut the f up and then shake his head at my husband and say "I don't know where he gets it from". My husband said it was absolutly hilarious and in the end the guy would throw a blanket over the cage to keep it quiet, but you could still here it muffeled underneath swearing. So funny. (they did not become witnesses...the sailor nor the parrot.)

Second story is also tragic/funny. My bible study had a budgie that she let fly free around the house, one day she was hoovering and there was a knock at the door. She left the hoover on and went to open the door to a workman who was going to do something inside. When she came back into the room the budgie was stuck up the end of the hoover with just its legs sticking out. My friend was screaming and the workman walked over and pulled it out......sadly without its head. The scene was so funny when she told me that I was rolled over laughing and could not stop, I kept saying I was so sorry and then started laughing again. Poor thing. She did become a witness but was always a secret smoker and I never ratted on her, she was an old cockney character that could have you in stitches with the stuff she did. I have loads of stories from my time with her...real great old lady.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Perry sez,

The weirdest thing I heard was with a pair of Yellow Nape Amazons that I had just purchased from out-of-state. Upon letting them out of their Pet Taxi after their long flight, one of them said in a perfect whiney child's voice, "Is it going to hurt?" The mate answered in an adult's voice and said, "Uhh Huh". They kept saying this over and over. I was dating this super sensitive young woman at the time that taught special needs children and she was with me to hear it all. It really creeped her out and she wanted me to call the police. I had a hard time telling her that is was just a bird, not a child. She knew it with her mind, but she couldn't get past the instinct to help a child in trouble. The parrot speech was that real.

LOL. That made my day.

Randy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit