Lost Parrot Tells Police His Address

by Perry 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

Posted: May 02, 2012 5:36 AM CDTUpdated: May 02, 2012 5:36 AM CDT

Source: AFP

SAGAMIHARA, Japan -- A pet parakeet was returned to its Japanese owner Wednesday after the brainy bird told police its home address near Tokyo. LINK

• still thinking
    still thinking

What a good idea. Are you going to teach your bird that?

We had an indian ring neck parrot. He could say...billy is a good boy...peow peow...and wolf whistle....never thought of teaching him his address.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Nice story. Some parakeets are great talkers. My cockatoo talks, but it's very hard to understand him. He once said to me, "You're a GOOD bird!". That's the only thing he ever said that was understandable. He's very affectionate though.

W

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Wow a parakeet, I'm surprised they understood unless it was an easy address..Now if it was a parrot..

• still thinking
    still thinking

You must have been being a good bird finally free...LOL

Our ringneck liked to argue....when you'd tell him he was naughty for biting or other questionable behaviour he would keep saying "billies a good boy" almost to the point where you'd be wondering if he was taking the piss.

He did like telling all the wild birds how good he was too...I think he just had a big ego...LOL

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

@still thinking: That's hilarious.

Perry, thanks for posting this. Have you posted about your bird experiences? Did you ever teach any of them to talk?

I'm a sucker for smart/sweet animals. I've been known to spend hours on youtube watching Great Danes play with puppies.

• Yura Ivanova
    Yura Ivanova

Funny you should say this. The local elders visited me the other day and my pet Parrott dropped me in the shit by saying, "the Watchtowr's full of shit". You got to be careful what you say in front of these Parrotts because you dont know if they will land you in it at some point. After the elders left I gave my Parrott a good boy reward.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL Yura...you must say that a lot!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is great. It can only be one of a couple of things:

OR

• Perry
    Perry

Hemp,

Your welcome.

I guess the funniest parrot speech I heard was right after I bought out an aviary and was still setting up the pairs. My electrician friend was working late one night in the aviary and he dropped a metal tool and it made a loud noise on the concrete floor. A few of the birds started squawking and one of the greys said in a deep man's voise "Shut up Mo Fo's"! These were all breeders and were never pets. The culprit was never positively identified.

The weirdest thing I heard was with a pair of Yellow Nape Amazons that I had just purchased from out-of-state. Upon letting them out of their Pet Taxi after their long flight, one of them said in a perfect whiney child's voice, "Is it going to hurt?" The mate answered in an adult's voice and said, "Uhh Huh". They kept saying this over and over. I was dating this super sensitive young woman at the time that taught special needs children and she was with me to hear it all. It really creeped her out and she wanted me to call the police. I had a hard time telling her that is was just a bird, not a child. She knew it with her mind, but she couldn't get past the instinct to help a child in trouble. The parrot speech was that real.

I can just see me calling the police and then the birds don't say anything, and the cops start rolling their eyes at each other, and they put my name on some secret nut-case list.

For those of you that don't know, birds do not have vocal chords. The speech is really just a complicated whistle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit