The NEW New World Translation. Suggestions please.

by Andrew Sh 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

Thanks BroMac :) - Those not in the know can google "Special One" and "Mourinho".

1 Corinthians 15:3-5

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins, according to the scriptures:and that he was buriednad that he rose again from the dead according to the scripptures, and that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve. (KJV)

NEW NWT to follow....

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!!! I love it!!!

Now I wish I had a King James and NWT on hand... So I could join in the fun!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't understand what you mean.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I don't understand what you mean. ..." Slimboyfat, above

Who, me???

I love the sly insertion of Watchtower-Corporation's-power-reinforcing "scriptures" into the NEW New World Translation scriptures....

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No the original poster. Is he proposing a revision of the NWT or what? Surely that would be a copyright violation.

• Captain Obvious
  • tootired2care
    tootired2care

This promises to be fun

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (KJV)

In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. (NWT)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god, and at the same time was Michael, simultaneously a god and (the only) archangel at the same time. (NEW NWT) (Footnote in NNWT: "the Word was a god" is not to indicate that the Word was actually a god, but anarthrously was godlike, merely had the qualities associated with godship without being a god. At no time was the Word a god, but scholars have found that the translation "the Word was a god" is evident as being entirely accurate and best indicates the Word's grammatical anarthrous state.)

And by the way, Captain Obvious's post is brilliantly subtle, suggesting, as it does, the deepest qualities inherent in the NWT.

Slimboyfat, don't think copyright, think tongue in cheek. Or telling satire.

• biometrics
    biometrics

Matthew 11:30

Current: For my yoke is kindly and my load is light.

Proposed: For my organization's yoke is legalistic and authoritative, and its load is five meetings per week, field service, watchtower studies and much more than you could ever do.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

“Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to YOU." -- Matt 6:33

“Keep on, then, guessing if your seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] burdens will be added to YOU, while you figure how to finance it all, and hold your breath for confirmation." -- Matt 6:33

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit