The NEW New World Translation. Suggestions please.

by Andrew Sh 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

I'm hoping to produce a NEW New World Translation of the Bible and if you have any ideas I would appreciate your contributions. The format is thus:-

1. The book, chapter and verse.

2. The King James Version (Authorised Version) of the above in full. Any added words to aid understanding to be put in brackets.

3. The NWT version of the above in full (optional).

4. The NEW NWT version. This should preferably be written to better conform to Watchtower doctrine, but hey, its up to you!

For instance

1. Matthew 11v28

2. (Jesus said) "Come unto me, all ye who labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest".

3. -

4. (Jesus said) "Come unto my organisation, all ye who labour and are heavy laden and you will get rest."

Perhaps you have heard of a version which was called the "Naughty Bible" because they had accidently left out "not" in Exodus 20 v14.

• Ding
    Ding

"Come unto my organisation, all ye who labour and are heavy laden and you will get pressured through fear and guilt to do more and more, but it will never be good enough."

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

Ding

Thanks for that New Truth.

John 5:44

How can you believe, which receive honour one of another; and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? (KJV)

How can you believe, you who feign to seek the honour that comes direct from God, but do not seek the honour that comes from God's only channel of communication? (New NWT)

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

Revelation 19:1

And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying Alleluia (KJV)

And after these things I heard a great voice of much people on earth, saying Alleluia (New NWT)

Acts 1:6,7

When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom of Israel?

And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. (KJV)

When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom of Israel?

And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which will, in due season, be revealed to God's only channel of communication. (New NWT).

Matthew 24:23

Then, if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. (KJV)

Omit altogether (New NWT)

Matthew 24:26

Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth; behold, he is in the secret chambers: believe it not. (KJV)

Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert, go not forth. (omit the rest of the verse) (New NWT. Needed, because, Christ is in the secret chambers of Brooklyn).

Matthew 24:27

For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall the coming of the Son of man be. (KJV)

Omit altogether. (New NWT)

• Fernando
    Fernando

1 Timothy 2:5

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus (old NWT)

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, an organisation, the Watchtower (new NWT)

• Fernando
    Fernando

Exodus 32:1

Meanwhile the people got to see that Moses was taking a long time about coming down from the mountain. So the people congregated themselves about Aaron and said to him: “Get up, make for us a god [in the form of a VISIBLE golden calf] who will go ahead of us, because as regards this Moses, the man who led us up out of the land of Egypt, we certainly do not know what has happened to him.” (old NWT)

Meanwhile the people got to see that Jesus was taking a long time about coming down from the heavens. So the people congregated themselves about the Governing Body and said to them: “Get up, make for us a god in the form of a VISIBLE organisation that will go ahead of us, because as regards this Jesus, the man who led us up out of captivity to religion, we certainly do not know what has happened to him.” (new NWT)

• Fernando
    Fernando

Sorry Andrew Sh, I may have killed your thread! Hope not though as there must be many more classic scriptures just wait'n for translat'n...

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

Fernando, Brother,

No worries, its clear this thread ain't going to get overloaded, which is, of itself, perhaps, sadly telling you something (like "we're not interested in that book, period".)

I guess we'll just have to be satisfied with "quality, not quantity"?

Nice one. Thanks and keep them coming.

John 21:7

"Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord." (KJV)

"Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, 'Look! It is the Archangel Michael, who has commandeered the Lord's resurrected body!'" (NEW NWT).

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

1 Corinthians 11:24-26

"And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat; this is my body, which is broken for you: this do ye in remembrance of me.

After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come." (KJV)

"And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat; this is my body, which is broken for you: this do ye in remembrance of me, but only if you are in the 'Jose Mourinho Class', one of 'The Special Ones', and were alive in the right year (this is self-evidently so obvious, I know, but for the sake of clarity I remind you). The correct year, again obviously, can be ever-so-simply calculated by turning the DAYS in Daniel 8:14 into YEARS and adding this to an estimated year-date of the time when Ezra returned to Jerusalem after the captivity. Otherwise forget it. The same goes for drinking the cup. And if your not sure, forget it. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come or until all the Special Ones who were alive in that ever-so-easily calculated and obvious year have died out, depending on which comes first. And if you think I'm being too complicated then I will make sure you are disfellowshipped for being proud and unteachable." (NEW NWT)

• BroMac
    BroMac

The 'José Class' ! haha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit