lds.org or watchtower.org - where's the truth?

by fodeja 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Adonai, I don't have the time right now, but there are several things you just brought up that needs to be 'challenged' stictly from a fairness issue...because what you use as arguements seem to be the same old hashed over (and inadvertantly misleading) arguements that have been made against the mormans since time memorial. It kind of reminds me of the first couple of decades of Christianity. The Jews who believed the Messiah had come were denounced by other Jews as not really being Jewish, and the new Christians always having to defend themselves as real Jews and part of the chosen people. I still believe that 1 JOHN 4:15 means what it says.."Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God"... whether they be Catholic, Luthern, Baptist, non-denominational, Morman, whatever... and it's left up to God to judge how his children believe in Him. As my mother (raised in several Christian denominations) use to say "I think everyone is going to be shocked when they get to Heaven to see who's there and who's not, and they're not all going to be from the same church".

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Adonai... I'm fried...I don't feel like putting the time and effort in defending my Morman friends....I just know they're great people who try the best they can to do what Jesus would do and they believe and revere Him as The Savior, the Son of God (not the brother of Satan like certain christians try to label them wit...that's another taken out of context argument that I'll let a Morman explain...but it's not creepy at all). One last thing, you mentioned Mormans believing they're going to be gods....I know what you're talking about, but all of the Mormans I know don't even think about that..it's more like "yeah, like that's going to happen". I think that's another "weird" belief people try to pin on Mormans to make them look "un Chritian" when in reality if you look at the Bible you can see that even Jesus quoted the notion referring to Psalms:

John 10
    33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
    34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
    35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

(HE WAS QUOTEING FROM PSALMS) Psalm 82:6
    "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High."

Who's to say who is a Christian? Only God, certainly not man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit