Where To By Crisis of Conscience

by binadub 15 Replies latest jw friends

• binadub
    binadub

Sic Semper Tyrannis:

Cynthia could rightly say it was Ray's business because she had little to do with it business wise. She was the classic domestic wife. After Ray's untimely death, she had no ability to run Commentary Press and dispose of the inventory much less manage an on-going publishing of the literature they were involved with. Friends are helping Cynthia, and they arranged for Amazon to take over the sale and future printing of the books, which might not have been possible a few years ago before "on demand" publishing came to the fore. Amazon get a cut as does Cynthia, which gives her a little added income in her old age.

Watson:

It's good when you can get the books at the library. The problem is that the books have a tendency to get "lost" (stolen?) from public libraries.

~Binadub

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey guys. Still haven't read this, and I would like to. Amazon sellig them for 600 dollars, 95 used. Not going to happen.

How do we feel about fair use links on this info at this stage of the game?

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

problemaddict you have a PM

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I wanted to purchase the orange Paradise book that haunted my childhood. When I searched on Jehovah's Witness related sites, the prices were in the hundreds of dollars. My purpose was to just show it to friends as a joke. I can't remember but I checked out Powells, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. I was able to purchase it for $1.

The shipping and handling was more expensive than the book. Considering how old the book is, it is in great shape.

Since I have a Nook, I tend to favor Barnes and Noble. Sometimes when I look for any book, the pricing on Amazon seems not rational.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

i sucsessfully downloaded pdf cop of CoC from this website on Jan. 27. Khazarar.skeptik.net. I hope this helps. I tried several sites until this one was sucessful

• Pterist
    Pterist

DogpatchRe: Whats happened to Commentary Press posted ~ a month ago (12/3/2012) California Post 4025 of 4041 Since 12/26/2000 Actually it's kind of a sad story. About a year after Ray died, Commentary Press was basically disfunctional. I knew Dan D., one of Ray's closest friends, and he gave me basically exclusive rights to sell the book until they got Commentary Press back online. Dan's wife was working on that. Both Dan and his wife had helped Ray probably more than anyone in his last days. Great people. The prices on Amazon were ridiculous. I bought up several hundred from Ray and sold them for like $25-$30 on amazon for a few months, and all the other prices on Amazon were insane. Naturally I went through a lot of them quickly. But it was tiresome. Selling things anymore is not profitable. If you are going to write your own book, you will be sadly disappointed at how well it is received unless it is a hot topic! You WILL lose money. Then it was decided that Dan's wife would take over for awhile until the remaining hardbacks (older version) was exhausted (they had quite a few taking up space), and then Amazon would PRINT and SELL them. So after 20+ years of selling his book at a marginal profit, it was announced that this change was going to happen. No one could get Crisis books from them, only used on Amazon. It never did materialize with Amazon. I have no idea what happened after that. Now they are $150+ on Amazon, and they are the older, hardback version. After selling Ray's books for about 20+ years (never got a thank you once from Ray in spite of selling thousands of copies at minimal profit) I got so frustrated I just let it go. Ray never cared for me or the fact that I published an expose' of what happened at Bethel a year before he wrote his book - no one at Bethel seemed to have the balls to write anything, or knew much about all the events. Only Tom Cabeen could have written such a book (and he actually printed it and the others for Ray). But I was still a Bethel Elder after he left, and heard some things he didn't know about. Big deal. It is all here: http://www.freeminds.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=408:what-happened-at-the-world-headquarters-of-jehovahs-witnesses-in-the-spring-of-1980&catid=32:brooklyn-bethel&Itemid=347 Here it is years later and nothing has happened. I am about to close down selling anything, as it is just too much work for the returns I make. Instead, I offer a lot of free downloads, mainly PDFs of things: http://www.freeminds-store.com/downloads.html and http://www.freeminds.org/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=sections&Itemid=675 I will not sell books until I am 90 years old like Ray did. I have my own supporters and don't need to sell anything. Maybe it will be printed by Amazon eventually... but may be too old by then. Sad situation. Ray had a lot of good info. But he didn't see it all.... only from a GB perspective. And he was not around to report on the aftermath. Randall Watters http://freeminds.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit