Where To By Crisis of Conscience

by binadub 15 Replies latest jw friends

• binadub
    binadub

Maybe this information has surfaced here before, but if so it is worth repeating periodically:

A couple weeks ago I was shocked after doing a Google search for Crisis of Conscience when it brought up Amazon with four distributors selling the book in soft-cover for collector prices between $169.95 US to over $650, with only 4 copies available. Hard cover was not available new, and used copies were being sold for over $50-75. What is amazing is that the link to Cynthia Franz through Amazon was not referenced. Maybe some of the problem with Amazon and those linked book dealers has now been corrected, although I still see it difficult to find Cynthia Franz's link on Amazon by doing an Internet search.

HERE IS WHERE TO ORDER: Crisis of Conscience, In Search of Christian Freedom, and Gentile Times Reconsidered:

http://www.amazon.com/shops/AVFZGPUNCYB1T (Case sensitive)

If you have never read Gentile Times Reconsidered, you might want to consider it. It tells the story of how Carl Olof Jonsson, a loyal JW "pioneer" in Sweden (1960s), was questioned by a householder about the 1914 chronology, so he decided to study it for himself. He researched between 1968 and 1975, as his compiled data revealed the WTS's chronology was seriously flawed.
    Thinking the WT leadership would appreciate his findings, he wrote to the Society in '77 and presented the overwhelmng evidence. The result was that he got disfellowshipped, and it began the "apostate" housecleaning in the leadership at WT headquarters that eventually got Ed Dunlap, as well as others eliminated at Brooklyn and eventually Ray Franz. That critical information might never have been published if not for the so-called cleansing action taken by Fred Franz. Adding to the failed 1975 predictions, that study can be credited with beginning the events that seem to have initially triggered the decline of the Watchtower religion, which has snowballed over the years into the eventual demise we see occurring today that Cedars recently brought into focus.

~Binadub

• binadub
    binadub

Sorry folks, the abbreviated hyperlink does not work on this. You have to type that into the URL field verbatim.
    Try this again:

http://www.amazon.com/shops/AVFZGPUNCYB1T

Hope it works now.

~Binadub

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

If the folks at the WT had brains, they'd use their considerable resources to buy up and hoard most of these copies, sell them at amazon for inflated prices, and compare the lists of buyers against non-DFed publisher records at Bethel and start DFing people. It would be their final parting shot at Ray.

• binadub
    binadub

That wouldn't work now, Sic Semper Tyrannis: Amazon has printing rights and when the supply is gone, they "print on demand." The prices should remain for a long time. Good thinking though . . . ;-) (They presently out of paperbacks, but they get them in again later.)

~Binadub

• anezthy
    anezthy

I have one copy of Crisis of Concienous and one of In Search of Christian Freedom in paperback version that I bought quite a few years ago. Both in excellent condition. I paid about under $35.00 for both of them. Anyone interested can have them for what I paid for them plus pay your own shipping. Don't need or want them anymore. I have just one of each not more. If you are interested... just hit me up and lets figure out how to get them to you.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

So the Franzs sold these printing rights to Amazon? How does that work? Did Cynthia get a pay-out, or is it quantity-based? It's a wonder how she doesn't get disfellowshipped now that she's directly involved with distributing "apostate" literature. In the past, she could have rightfully said that it was her husband's business, not hers. Perhaps they are tired of that family and want no further part of it.

• watson
    watson

I think people should just swing buy there local libary and see if they have it.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Amazons got a load of them used starting at 23$.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Does Randy, "Dogpatch" carry the book on his site, it would be nice to support our fellow friends on JW.net, like Randy and JWN's founder!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

wow and to think back in the day when I was leaving CoC and ISOCF were probably less then £20 each, Reachout Trust held some stock of them thats where I purchased mine , IIRC Free Minds did as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit