Nathan Knorr's own circuit assembly badge?

by FatFreek 2005 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

For what it's worth, the following image was sent to me in an anonymous email so I can't testify to its authenticity. She (or he, since it wasn't signed) says he/she was one of the Bethel housekeepers and spotted the name tag in a waste basket. At that time, the early 70's, Knorr was regarded by many, including this person, (though disliked by even many Bethelites) as god-like. The person said that he/she had thought for the last few years of placing it on eBay to fetch a few bucks. Instead, the person thought it would be of greater service to simply share the scanned image. This person left the organization completely as his/her contract expired a few years later. Fats.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Who will conquer the world in the 1970's ?

The Watchtower Kingdom and its leaders thats who !

An interesting point to note is that during the 60's and 70's the WTS. went through its highest growth peak

percentage wise during those two decades, basically upon false bible teachings spurred by individuals

such a F Franz. Which leaves open the question, who was the biggest corrupt liar the WTS ever had as its top editorial writer ?

C Russell, J Rutherford , Nathan Knorr, F Franz and the list goes on even today.

• donny
    donny

Knorr lived just long enough (died 1977) to see his pal Freddie's 1975 prophecy fail. You wonder what went through his mind in those last few months. Did he think "Dammit Fred, you have really screwed things up now!!"

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi donny,

That date, 1977, gave me a few chills. In those early months I had resigned as elder but hadn't yet given notice of quitting altogether. When the presiding overseer, a nice fellow, came to me, last minute, about giving a talk at a nearby congregation (Ames, Ia) I tried to back out. I re-looked over that outline, however, and since it was one that didn't offend me at the time I consented. I went by myself, not bringing my family -- who, by the way, didn't know of my feelings at that time -- and gave the talk with horrendous guilt feelings. It was the last time I set foot in a kingdom hall.

• St George of England
    St George of England

That should fetch a few bob on Ebay.

A really tatty copy of "Six Sermons" by George Storrs fetched $1800 this week.

There's always someone with money than sense.

George

• donny
    donny

Unfortunately for me I did not begin serving my sentence in the WT until 1982. By then they were already in the "we didn't say 1975 was definitely going to be the end" phase. I remember them talking about Ray Franz and his apostasy and they used that to show that even Jehovah's elite can be deceived. I also remember the year 1984 and the "Generation that will not pass away" talks and magazines and how important it was for us to "Keep on the Watch." I finally left the org in 1992.

• VM44
    VM44

Thank you for posting that FF.

That talk from 40 years ago is of special interest to me!

Would it be possible to get a larger image of it?

• clarity
    clarity

Hi FF ............... it's been awhile, nice to see you still have those pinchable lil cheeks!

That name tag so brings back memories, none of them great ......except for my children being around then.

Knorr wasn't too healthy in the 70's and died 1977, maybe they pinned that tag on him so he knew who he was!!! TIC

I left the first time in 1977 and that was the last assembly I went to.

clarity

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The purposed calculation that Franz made and supported by Knorr that it could be possible to

calculate mankind's existence accumulating up to October of 1975 is such an outlandish bullshit lie

its quite retrospectively laughable.

Interesting how you can bullshit people when you self proclaim yourself god's chosen mouth piece at the same time.

Ignorance is power and control in the hands of religionists .

• blondie
    blondie

*** w77 7/15 p. 441 “Firm to the End”

Brother Nathan H. Knorr, after many months of illness, died in the late evening of June 8, 1977.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit