They looks so old and tired.

by jam 36 Replies latest jw friends

• finally awake
    finally awake

Just Ron and I were at the grocery store tonight. I just rolled in from Memphis after a week of crappy motel life, and he spent all week alone with the kids and his mom - so neither of us looked our best. We saw two different dubs- both commented on how good we looked. I thought they both looked pretty run down, but that's to be expected when they are trying to please an unpleasable dictator.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

It makes them feel better about themselves. If you look happy they seem surprised. One way the society keeps them in is by fear of what is in the world, so they will think twice before leaving the organization. Everybody knows stories of the ones who left and how bad they fared. I noticed that some of them seem envious of the ones with the courage to leave anyway. Deep down they know, even though they are too trapped to even realize why they feel this way.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I don't honestly know how much longer I could have stayed in there. People had to know something was up. I would always have a down and out look on my face. I didn't know I was doing it but I developed a thousand-yard stare. I would just get lost, stare off into nothing. People would point it out to me.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Funny thing is I say the same thing now when I see a JW they look so old and tired out.

LITS

• life is to short
    life is to short

(I would just get lost, stare off into nothing. People would point it out to me.)

I would do the same thing MRFrezze.

I started doing that in my early to mid teens because of all the abuse my dad would put on me, yelling at me, telling me I was nothing but a Whore, that I was out sleeping around. How was I sleeping around when my parents would not let me out of their sight I could not understand. My mom even walked me to the front door of my school and was waiting there for me when I came out. I was with my parents 24/7 expect for the brief seven hours of school and that was just JR high. My parents made me drop out of school after ninth grade after all I did not need an education because the big A was coming any day. After JR high school I was with my parents literally 24/7. Yet still somehow I was a whore sleeping around.

Anywho I developed the stare you described when my dad would go off on me. I learned to use it well when I was pioneering and as an elder'w wife. Now I find it hard to stop and be in the real world sometimes, it is just such a habit.

LITS

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Dubs do look old and tired compared with their "worldly" contempories, many of them also look damn weird also.

I have had reason to walk in to a public place recently accompanied by two different JW women, one on each occasion, (family business), and both times I have been amazed at how they have been stared at by normal folk, and you can see in the normal folks expression "WTF?"

This is because these ladies look bloody weird, yet they think they have "modest" hair styles and choice of clothing, how can it be "modest" if the public are saying to themselves "Look at that weirdo !" ??

The "tired" side of things just makes me sad for them, you can see what a strain the Cult imposes on them, and you guess that deep down they feel that it is all a waste of time, and therefore a waste of their lives, so very sad.

• d
    d

I saw some witness recently at a store and yes it is amazing to see the aging process take place. It is amazing what 4 years of no KH does to you.

• d
    d

I saw some Jw's recently and yes you can see the aging process that has taken place.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it's years of hoping for a better tomrrow, only to see it absolutely the same as before, except your life has gone wasted

• d
    d

I saw another Jw couple just recently and it is amazing that I how these people grow up. They look so old but yet I have grown up myself, the only difference is that I do not look old and washed out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit