very bad "JW" teenagers to "very good" JW's

by Iamallcool 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Do you know of any "JW" teenagers that were very bad in morals, but later in life they become elders, elderettes, etc...? What were they like? What are they like today?

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I don't know about very bad, I knew folk who were...not very good and regularly did things they would now be more than happy to counsel others on if they did it.

• DesirousOfChange
  • mindseye
    mindseye

Yes, among a few people I saw the "born again JW" syndrome. These were JWs that sowed their wild oats as a teenager, doing all kinds of wild stuff, in one case even heavy drugs. Then they would have a "born again" moment and rediscover the Jehovah of their youth, and then become the strictest JWs ever.

• the truth is mine
    the truth is mine

I was friends with a girl who slept with everyone; she abused drugs and drank all the times. She did this from about 13 until 19ish all the while pretending to be a good little witness sister who homeschooled and pioneered. Then over night she becomes this good zealous witness. It was weird because it literally happened within a week’s time. Several years later she is still pioneering and pretends that she has never done anything wrong.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

My second cousin never liked the JW's growing up, the rest of her immediate family is very zealous. She ran away at 14 blah blah blah. Lived with several different men in her 20's. She's now 31. Her grandma died last year and now she's decided to return to the fold! Almost like overnight! Oh and Im DF'd so she has now unfriended me on FB too. She's decided that she wants to be part of this organization that "does so much good." WTF? So I'm just wondering how long this phase will last before she decides she wants sex again and hooks up with another non witness boyfriend. HA!

• viva
    viva

I was the other way around, an exemlary JW teenager (as far as they knew) to an open "apostate".

I do know several individuals who were wild teens, got into some sort of truble, and somehow the religion became appealing to them.

I also know several teens (JW and nonJW) that were wild and when they matured calmed down. Sometimes the religion has nothing to do with it.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yes, a very self righteous elder who was a wild child in his teens. He kept his own children on a tight rein.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

oh yeah. knew one chick who was the "village congregation bicycle" if you dig my meaning. and now she's holier than thou elderette and a basic overall Helen LoveJoy up on stage giving presentations and what not.

But me and my crew knew her back when they called her "Lips 'n' Lungs".

Have a good weekend, you beautiful trainwrecks.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

There’s a pious-sneer I’ve known my whole life; growing up her daddy was an elder, and the PO, so she got away with EVERYTHING.

She slept around and even broke up a marriage; although her family says she was molested that's not what the girl who was she and the man's go between witnessed. When this man's wife would leave town everybody knew their house turned into the party/sex/drinking house and when this was "discovered" (tattled on) all involved, but her, got in trouble. They used the molestation bit to get her off the hook but she was using a study (friend from school) to set up the dates and this friend spilled the beans to a few low rankers who were in turn told to keep quiet or face punishment. This didn’t stop everyone and the truth got out; when I told my Mom what was really going on she asked, “who are you going to believe the elder or the study?” I kept quiet but knew the answer was the study because one, she had nothing to lose by saying anything and two, the elder daddy had been known for covering up his other children’s indiscretions.

What happened next? The girl then went to "visit" her non-JW aunt for a few months (to let things blow over) and then came back a devout Suzy stuck-up; she is still one of the most self-centered snotty pious-sneers I've ever known.

Now she is about to get married and I wonder if the poor man knows about her evil family and seedy past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit