How many 144000 left?

by FinchAndWeston 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It is also specified there, and nowhere else in scripture, that this group comes out of specific tribes of Israel which no longer exist, but if you are going to take the 144,000 as literal, you have to take the next few verses too.

Problem.

Could it possibly be that Revelation, along with the rest of the Bible, was not prophetic about our day, or indeed, any day ?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I thought some of the tribes cited in Revelation never existed

• St George of England
    St George of England

About 5 years ago Jack Barr told a brother I know that the GB consider there are less than 2000 genuine anointed still alive.

So they think over 80% of partakers are frauds.

Others on this board have heard similar accounts.

George

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

haha I had to actually google what "TWO BUCK CHUCK" is. hahaha wow.

• erbie
    erbie

Well, it's an unscriptural teaching anyway so why should any of it make sense?

In truth, I'm not sure I ever really bought this teaching 100 percent which is mad because everything else revolves around it.

Fool that I am!!!

• truthlover
    truthlover

It is a slippery slope they are teaching about some of the remnant being "mentally unbalanced" or "emotionally unstable" mainly due to the fact they haven't said when this problem started to raise its ugly head.... was it in 1916 when russell died and Rutherford took over and later the GB was set up - who is to say who is unbalanced... since we are all imperfect, who is to say what we have been learning is from those who are mentally stable??? No one can point fingers - its the societies teaching that is unbalanced... they forget that the role of a prophet is to reveal the will of God, and guess what? That will does not make mistakes... the society has made a lot! and maybe this is Jah's way of pointing this out.... raise the numbers, change the "generation" teaching again, making 1914 obsolete which then extends the old system to "we don't really know" date..... which is what it should have been from the start!

If what SGOE said from Barr is correct -- only 20% are valid GB members -- of that 1 in 3 statistically are mentally unstable... are we in trouble???

TL

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

So does that percentage of loony illegitimate partakers also figure in the number of the GB?

• androb31
    androb31

• mrquik
    mrquik

144,000= mentally unbalanced. "Apostates"= mentally unbalanced. Ergo.... WE ARE ALL OF THE ANOINTED. BOW TO US YOU LOWLY SHEEP!!!

• vanyell
    vanyell

Hmm... This is an interesting topic... Maybe I should drop this can of worms in one of the JW facebook pages, and see what comes out.. ^_^

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit