How many 144000 left?

by FinchAndWeston 29 Replies latest jw friends

• FinchAndWeston
    FinchAndWeston

Anyone know the latest number? Just curious.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Great news. There are more of the 144,000 left than ever before!

However, the number use to be in decline, which the Society said was proof that we are in the last days. Hers's the quote,

(W 1-15-2000 p13) Subheading, Six convincing lines of evidence [that we are in the last days]…

"Sixth, the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins. Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller.”

But today the number of partakers is on the increase. Here are the numbers.

Yr Partakers
    2000 - 8661
    2001 - 8730
    2002 - 8760
    2003 - 8565
    2004 - 8570
    2005 - 8524
    2006 - 8758
    2007 - 9105
    2008 - 9986
    2009 - 10857
    2010 - 11202
    2011 - 11824

This presents a slight problem for Watchtower. How do they explain this reversal? By suggesting that some partakers are nuts.

(W 8-15-11 p22)
    "Memorial partakers. This is the number of baptized individuals who partake of the emblems at the Memorial worldwide. Does this total represent the number of anointed ones on earth? Not necessarily. A number of factors - including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance - might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling. We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones."

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

This is truly embarrassing. The numbers are moving in the wrong direction. The 144,000 is a finite number according to Witness doctrine. If this number keeps growing, they are going to have to completely eliminate the possibility of any true Christians being in full communion with Christ existing between the first century and the rise of CT Russell in the 1870s. As Ray Franz put it so delicately, true Christianity had been reduced to a handful of Americans in Pennsylvania in the late 19th century.

• heathen
    heathen

As far as I'm concerned not one of the WTBTS GB ever was of the LF . The final test is to be murdered by the worldly governments for the sake of the kingdom preaching . It's believed that not one of the apostles died of natural causes . I think there's a clue in there as well as other scripture that spell it out , even in revelation.

"hmm . . ." says the product of an immaterial arithmetic variance

One day, I'm going to bring some cheese for the crackers and swag on that vinegar they call wine!

• smiddy
    smiddy

"This is the number of baptized individuals who partake of the emblems at the Memorial worldwide " they then excuse the elevated numbers by saying they may be influenced by past religous beleifs or mental imbalance" ?

So what they are admitting, is their educational / teaching program is inadequate !!

6 months of intense bible study by a qualified? person and they cant get the basics right ? and their encouraged to get baptized with false religous ideas still ingrained ?

And they have no scruples in baptizing people with mental problems ?

And the doozy of them all ?

" The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers,for it does not maintain a global network of annointed ones " ???

These people are supposed to be going to rule with Jesus Christ in the heavens , and given immortality,yet obviously they have less importance than a pioneer,ministerial servant, or elder in a congregation.

They certainly have no say, input , or influence , in any congregation I have ever attended , and thats at least 8 of them

smiddy

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hold on a second - these numbers are of baptised people right....and they say that they could have mental or emotional issues - but don't they all have to do a series of questions before they get baptised - based on the fact that they are supposed to know what is taught by the JW's in order to "pass" - how can they then have mental or emotional issues - they KNOW THEIR BELIEF - doesn't make sense

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

I was happy to see this part of the Organization is the fastest growing segment of Witnesses. There is "A Great Rivival Of The Annointed" and we had more growth in Annointed, than average dubs as a percentage! How Cool Is That?

Hubris is what is befalling arrogance, remember the greek man with wings made of wax, he was warned and warned but insisted he knew better than the gods, he flew to the Sun, only to have his wings melt, falling to the earth to his death!

Hubris is believeing you are the only true christians in the whole world, Jehovah told Isaiah (Isaiah was sure he was the only true worshiper left) "I have six thousand who have not bent their knee to Baal." Jehovah spoke with Isaiah, how did he communicate this with Frantz?

@smiddy, they do know who is taking part, it's on the "Publisher's Card", Marvin Shimmer has the card on his blog, I have seen the cards on many occasions. W.T.S does know who is partaking of the emblems but does not want us thinking those annoited have special insights the way the annointed on the Government Body do.

Jesus Christ has changed his mind, according to early teachings "Russell, Rutherford, Knorr" were the composite Slave. Strange doctrine indeed, I think Jesus Christ is angry and will punish haughty men who are not helping other annointed brothers out!

• cedars
    cedars

The rising number of memorial partakers is indeed an embarrassment for the Society from the perspective of their historical teachings, but they have already "dealt" with this problem doctrinally by...

• Abandoning 1935 as the year when anointed ones ceased to be gathered
    • Claiming that the figure of memorial partakers doesn't necessarily represent the number of the anointed remnant, because some may be partaking as the result of some form of delusional behavior

You can expect the number of memorial partakers to rise year-on-year, because it doesn't really matter anymore. Since 1935 was abandoned, it's now basically a free-for-all, and the only thing to deter someone from partaking at the memorial is the fact that they're making a spectacle in doing so.

Cedars

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Cedars I almost partook this year, I was hoping for a better wine, "Two Buck Chuck" makes my stomach ill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit