desensitization from the Jehovah's witnesses

by Star tiger 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

This may be a different way of exit from the Jehovah's mentality, for me it should work, first i want to try all the things that were verbotent to them, slowly at first a piece of black pudding, then donating blood, you see the progression.

Then a little more flagrant in the laws, buying a pack of Tarot cards, reading them and so on.

Does anyone think that's a reasonable way of beginning to destroy the subconcious methods of programming, also I am very OCD so any way of destroying the Jehovahs Witnesses mindset is fraught with potential new ways of worrying me!

Regards,

Star Tiger

• baltar447
  • Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi Baltar447,

It's seems I'm just a whining Brit, lol!!!

Man Up, right!

R egards

Star Tiger

• HillaryJean
    HillaryJean

I learned how to be "worldly" at 15 when I broke free (after my parents split up and went into depressions) by reading Young People Ask and doing what it said not to, so I don't see why your plan wouldn't work!

• baltar447
    baltar447

Sorry your post just seemed slightly incoherent to me so thus I posted the video. I'm also slightly buzzed so I'm sure that contributed to my knee-jerk posting.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

No problem mate, I'm also having a drinking Poo whilst the wife is asleep so I'll probably in the dog house tomorrow, and I'm listening to Robert Anton Wilson on youtube, so I'm a little bit fried in the philosophical area too, lol!

R egards,

Star Tiger

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I think desensitizing yourself to certain things is a good idea. For instance, I started researching "spiritism" (as JW's call it), specifically Pagan religions and beliefs. I watched verboten movies that had to do with ghosts and demons, etc... Now, some people might not be able to handle that, especially if their fear of demons is very real. I had to do it in order to prove to myself that reading and watching certain things was not going to bring on a demon attack. It never did. Of course, the first few times, it scared the crap out of me and I slept with the lights on LOL. But now my home has dragons and pentacles and the like with nary an issue.

Something only has power if you give power to it. For example, I no longer fear "evil spirits"/demons or think they are real. My BF, on the other hand, does. So when he wakes up scared out of his mind, he has given that concept a power over him. Since I'm rational about these things now, I can understand the fear, but I can also talk him down from his freak-outs. So if you're afraid of, say, looking at Tarot cards... Face the fear and get yours read! I did...also had my runes read. It's all in good fun and will probably assist you in your recovery.

• mindseye
    mindseye

Star Tiger, I think you have the right idea. This is the sort of approach that helped me break from the JW mentality when I was a teenager. I started by reading 'blasphemous' philosophers like Nietzsche. I went to different places of religion like churches and a Buddhist temple (that was actually very pleasant, and led to a deep interest in eastern religion). I played around with some tarot cards and saw the 'Exorcist'. I guess everyone's barriers are different. Basically I broke down my barriers so I could build up a new kind of spirituality, one that was based off of authenticity rather than fear.

To quote Fight Club: Its only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what I did was memory replacement. Similar to what I did when I remarried. I went to all the places I frequainted with the ex, but better. Ate better meals, stayed in nicer rooms, etc, so that the last thing I remember is the present. With dubs I just started back into my old life and without the guilt

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi Mordizbaby,

W e all need to find our way out of the fear, there are many programs running subliminally in our unconcious minds that are due to this evil cult that destroys families, I am going to continue in my way of desentization out this waste of human resources!

Regards,

Star Tiger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit