Questions From Thinkers

by Perry 186 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still thinking
    still thinking

I think this thread has been abandoned by it's creator....look what happens when you are given free will...LOL

• still thinking
    still thinking

N.drew....shall we hug and make up?...........until the next time....

• N.drew
    N.drew

LOL Yes.

I was thinking of that picture. I pray that one picture does not take you away from your search for the best you.

The WTBTS uses propaganda to draw people in.

Other agencies do to. Do you know how that picture got on the internet? It doesn't come with it's true story.

It does not take long fpr a body to get in that condition. Maybe only days without water. Maybe weeks or a month without food.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

Is it wrong to ask: If the Isrealites wandered the desert for 40 years waiting to enter the promised land then why has there been no relics or other evidence been found? After combing the desrt where they were said (bible) to have wandered there are no artifacts. Seems like a crowd that big would have left behind something....

• still thinking
    still thinking

N.drew....I used that picture to represent the starving children that DO starve to death every day...the picture does not take me away from any search....but these facts contribute....

Nearly a billion people suffer from hunger
    in the world today.

Worse still, 19 million of those are children under
    the age of five at immediate risk of dying.

This risk results in 3.5 million child deaths every year.

Every 2 seconds a child dies of starvation

That is what the picture represented to me...and THAT is ONE of the reasons I find it diffiucult to believe in a loving god.

So why would GOD do anything for ME?.....I really don't know.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Timebandit...maybe they cleaned up after themselves really well....like a JW convention...LOL

• N.drew
    N.drew

And I'm sure a billion people suffer from EATING TOO MUCH in the world today. The world is spiritually broken. God did not break it. Why won't God fix it? I believe it is in the process of being fixed.

• LV101
    LV101

I'm a skeptic about everything and the faith in God takes one big broad jump of faith/hope (and I know from my past I get stuck on fantasy) because I want hope for mankind. Mankind is so evil --- yet that's all or nothing thinking because probably more good exists than bad --- sociology reveals this. It's just difficult to imagine the beautiful flowers, animals, birds, etc., just poof and happenin' one fine day via evolution and no master mind or the initial energy (whatever it took) for earth to just started evolving. It's hard to have faith in mankind to better the world but it's obvious he has.

Nicolas stated somewhere above that the world is becoming better. I certainly hope you are right but even so one still has to give up the idea of living any real length of days (like is indicated numerous times on board). I believe crime (home burglaries) is down but some localities reveal it's because people are staying in not spending money because of the economy. I don't know.

• LV101
    LV101

length of days and the fear of dying not wanting to give up on a god is what I meant above. gads -- need a siesta.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Mankind is so evil --- yet that's all or nothing thinking because probably more good exists than bad --- sociology reveals this.

I do not believe mankind is evil. I think the problem lies in the reality that most of humankind do not recognize the power of righteousness. But heaven's wish is that along with finding righteousness one must find meekness. Because with rightousness comes power. And we all know power in the wrong hands is bad bad bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit