New Zealand bethel is to be closed down.

by karter 80 Replies latest jw experiences

• karter
    karter

My Mother has the C.O staying and told her the New Zealand bethel is about to be closed and the land and buildings sold.

Karter.

• jemba
    jemba

Hi Karter, well thats progress for you. They are obviously trying to bank the $$ before the financial crisis gets worse. NZ will now have to bow to the Sydney Australia bethel!! lol

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

which other bethels have been closed down recently? I only know of Ireland and now NZ.

• besty
    besty

wow - this religion is circling the drains...

so obviously being run by the accountants and lawyers

• designs
    designs

Amazing news, most groups with those kinds of land holdings would see other uses and make $bucks$. One local Episcopalian church opened a school K-12 and charges $30,000.00 per student, they have 1,300 students, $39,000,000.00 annualy.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Ha . . . I remember visiting while it was under construction. Maybe Brian Tamaki is interested . . . his cult's on the way up.

• still thinking
    still thinking

That place would be perfect for Brian Tamaki....He could get all his minions slaving after him day and night...but then...I think they already do.

He has the same beleifs about the role of women...they'll love that place...the kitchen...the laundry...what more could a woman want?

But what about the muffins?...they do make good muffins....chocolate......mmmmm....where else would I go?......LOL LOL LOL

When I visited there, there didn't seem to be much, if anything for people to do. They were talking about the distribution being done directly from Australia. I remember thinking when they said that....'what will you lot do then? Since it really did just look like a glorified distribution centre to me' The place was already looking like a ghost town. I suppose the cost of overheads for mowing lawns and making muffins was just too high to justify for the small amount of people actually doing anything productive....but they were good muffins...did I mention that?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Good muffins, eh? Chocolate? Apple cinnamon? Choc chip? ......

• still thinking
    still thinking

chocolate WITH chocolate chips.....no sparing the chocolate there...I'm sure it was just for MY visit...LOL

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

ooooh....

When I visited the Greek bethel they had fresh bread rolls with feta cheese in them - yummo!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit