Watchtower Dec 2011 Makes fun of fools who think the end is 2012. Ironic??

by Witness 007 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, I can remember the fallout from the 1975 disaster. They were still blaming the witlesses for it. They were so sure that Armageddon would be sometime in late 1975, as far back as the late 1960s. College was out, and people were urged to sell out and pious-sneer during the early 1970s. And those who did wasted everything.

As for the real end, it already happened. In fact, it was nothing more than the end of the Age of Pisces, and this past February it ended (though some will debate the real date, since there is no way of knowing the exact date and it is theoretically possible to retrograde a few seconds back into Pisces before entering Aquarius once for all time. However, the end of the age is nothing dramatic. You still have Christi-SCAM-ity trying to hold onto Pisces for dear life (holding us hostage with them), while signs of Aquarius (including increased questioning of religion) are rapidly accelerating. You probably didn't know the exact moment, unless you were a professional astrologer and had access to the exact position of the earth's equatorial plane relative with the sun's.

If that is a relief for the world, it is a big disappointment for hard-core Christians looking for the Second Coming. To those still looking for Jesus' return, the Rapture, or Armageddon, I recommend studying Jewish prophesies and trying to get in-depth research about their religion. If you can find sources, you will probably find that they don't even believe in Jesus--and are in fact (at the upper levels, at least) are trying to enslave the whole world. People are looking for the Christ, and those at the very top will probably pretend to be that Messiah. Those who do the research and realize that "the end of the world" is nothing more significant than entry into the Age of Aquarius will not be taken for this (or, just as bad, any Christian scams that urge people to sell out and prepare for an end that never comes).

And, people like Harold Camping and OBVES (and those running the Washtowel) would be out of business if everyone realized that the "end of the world" is nothing more than the end of a "season" or age. No big bangs, 45 kg hailstones, fire coming from above, fissures in the earth, or raptures. Just a transition from centralized religion to people being their own gods (like Satan originally intended).

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

I haven't read 1984 in quite sometime. I need to visit the library now. ;) It's no coincedence why they left out the older publications in the Watchtower CD.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

it almost makes you want to go to a KH on the date this Washtowell is being studied and stick your hand up at shout out the whole list of their date setting lies that these dirty liars have printed through the decades

• erbie
    erbie

They are obviously compulsive liars.

It never ends does it.

• watson
    watson

I don't see this as a lie.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES DO NOT TRY TO PREDICT WHEN GOD WILL DESTROY THE WICKED

hey don't....anymore.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"...he crumpled up the original message and any notes that he himself had made, and dropped them into the memory hole to be devoured by the flames."

Thanks for posting this IRONDORK. I really do have to reread 1984! Incredible.

• JWB
    JWB

WHAT FUTURE FOR THE YOUNG?, Awake! 22 May 1969, pages 14 & 15

YOUNG or old, you need to face up to the fact that this system is not going to change its direction. Under Satan's influence, it will continue to deteriorate rapidly in its remaining years.
    The truth of this can be seen in crime statistics everywhere. In the United States the Federal Bureau of Investigation reported that in 1968 there was a fantastic 17-percent increase in crime over 1967. This came on top of many years of other large increases. The population, however, grew only one percent last year. So crime exploded seventeen times as fast as the population!
    If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."--Matt. 24:34.
    Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!
    This is why parents who base their lives on God's prophetic Word find it much more practical to direct their young ones into trades that do not require such long periods of additional schooling. And trades such as carpentry, plumbing, and others, will be useful not only now, but perhaps even more so in the reconstruction work that will take place in God's new order.
    With such practical trades, many young persons have been able to sustain themselves with part-time work. This allows them to spend much more of their time helping interested persons to learn God's requirements for life by studying the Bible with them.
    True, those who do not understand where we are in the stream of time from God's viewpoint will call this impractical. But which is really practical: preparing yourself for a position in this world that soon will pass away? or working toward surviving this system's end and enjoying eternal life in God's righteous new order?--1 John 2:17.
    In these urgent times, as this wicked system writhes in its death pangs, this counsel from God's Word is most practical for all who want to keep living: "My son, my law do not forget, and my commandments may your heart observe, because length of days and years of life and peace will be added to you."--Prov. 3:1, 2.

[Emphasis and italics mine]

• Nambo
    Nambo

Now what would be ironic, is if the world did actually end on 21st Dec 2012

The only day the Witnesses say it wont after saying it will every other day!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Calamity-howling religious leaders.....yep.....pot calling the kettle black......

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Despite predictions by calamity-howling religious leaders, pseudoscientists, and any other prognosticators, earth will be in existence for a long time...when will this occur?

Thats the line that cracked me up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit