She's trying to make her a publisher...

by MsGrowingGirl20 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nambo
    Nambo

At that young age, her views of God might be shaped for life, as positive or negative.

It sounds like you are doing the right thing GrowingGirl, just concentrate on teaching her God and Jesus and the Bible as positive things with their Love given to her as grace and with no pressure on her, maybe it will give her a solid foundation that will withstand the bad things that will be taught to her, and it sound like you are the only one who will do this, if you give up, her Mother will just get some other Witness like this Pioneer who will put the poor girl off God for life!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If this kid joins a cult as a result of your influence, how will you feel?

Study this with her. It'll do yourself good too.

http://www.amazon.com/Teach-Your-Child-How-Think/dp/0140238301

Be careful.

Chris

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

if you all were ever a part of the jw's, you'd know what a difficult situation this is-----if i leave , they will have her baptised in five years max..

i can try to help her not give in to what everyone else is saying....i don't know

i love her very much and i regret agreeing to studying with her in the first place...

but now i'm here, struggling myself, and trying to help her....

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Believe me, we know how difficult it is. Everything about removing oneself and others is difficult, and it doesn't get any easier the longer you wait.

In my congregation the elders made sure that after the study book or two was over, the parents would then be fully responsible and pioneers couldn't count time for that one anymore.

With you being "marked" and no "progress" being made after two years, they will eventually take her away from you, and I'd bet on sooner rather than later. And if it's five years from now and she gets baptized, it will be because she never knew she had any other options.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It seems that you are still at a place that we all were once, but perhaps come onto this site a little earlier than most .

If you still believe that the J W message is really "good news" then what is your problem? It is apparent though that you have serious doubts about this and many things no longer add up for you.

By all means keep contact with this girl, as you say, she is better in your hands than someone elses. The most important thing to consider though is your own outlook and faith. Can you trust the WTBTS any more? I am not decrying the individuals but can we really trust that they actually are what they believe they are, Gods only channel for truth?

I would only say to keep reading and researching everything that you can (Freeminds is an excellent source) and compare it with what The Society says . It will become clear which direction to take , and whatever your decision it will be your own decision.

Take care .....

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

wouldn't you like to put in a form every month

And where exactly are we to find this precious requirement in the bible? Funny how pioneers think they're all that because they write numbers on a piece of paper and hand that in to their overlords.

Too bad, the mother got sucked into the cult, but since it's been recently the mother might not programmed enough to ignore the truth about wts, maybe give her some carful pointers so the mother can free herself before being too deeply involved in the cult which might suck in the child as well. 10 year olds should be enjoying life, kids and alook forwards to higher education so they can have a chance at a better life. 10 year old is too young to even understand the horrors that the bible potrays as acts of kindness or justice.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Get the book I recommended from your local library. Seriously.

You can teach her how to analyse what she is reading in the WT study books.

It is important that she recognises that you have double standards, are mind controlled, and are teaching her two conflicting behaviours, blind faith when talking religion and critical analysis for any other subject.

Don't try to make yourself look, or feel, good. Look after her future, not your ego. Teach her how to think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit