She's trying to make her a publisher...

by MsGrowingGirl20 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

Soooo, i've been sudying the bible with a 10 year old girl for two years now...her mother recently got baptised. Since i've been having doubts about the org i've centered our discussions on God and the Bible and less on pleasing the org...I was doing fine...

UNTIL i invited an older pioneer sister to accompany me on the study....heeeeeeesh...She changed the topic from having manners to becoming an unbaptised publisher....she went onnnnn and onnnnn about "don't you want to please jehovah and jesus, wouldn't you like to put in a form every month and you do love jehovah and want to tell others about him,right?" i was so upset.

I treat and love this girl as if she was my little sister and i DO NOT want her to nose dive into this religion...she's a child for God's sake!

She has always been one to tell persons what she believes...she talks to her friends without any pressure....it should be like that...she shouldn't feel pressured to make 5 or 10 hours every month...she should be just as it is now---talking about god whenever she feels motivated to do so...noo pressure

So i told the sister that---she looked SHOCKED but the girl looked relieved

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

10 year old girl.... should she be even concerned in worship?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Pressurising a child into joining a cult.

There should be a law against it.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

You need to stop that study now. Just be her friend instead.

The mom is baptized now right? Its now her "responsibility"

Do you want that girl stuck in a cult for the rest of her life?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Trying to pressure anyone into doing anything is not only very wrong but also totally counter-productive and extremely unintelligent.

Any good parent knows that if you try to apply pressure, i.e. guilt-trip a child (or anyone) into doing something you think is desirable you've already lost. Sooner or later, and in most cases sooner, or very probably right away, they'll dig in their heels and rebel.

In my case, it was exactly that behaviour that woke me up. Until that point I was willingly walking into the straitjacket of the WT with my eyes wide shut. Applying pressure and attempting to guilt-trip me into doing any more than the huge amount I already was achieved exactly the opposite effect from what they wanted.

That pioneer was being really stupid, MsGrowingGirl. I've met others like her. Poor child. Thank goodness it is you she is studying with, and well done for sticking to your guns.

Edit: I've just read what LostGeneration wrote. I wholeheartedly agree.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

should be dumping the God and Bible discussions as well, surely a 10 year old must have more interesting things to fill up her time, then reading about a dirty evil , murderous God of the OT.

• Gayle
    Gayle

why isn't the mother studying with her own child??,, please keep the old pioneer away from the poor child,,encourage her to get into extracurriculars etc,,instead of a religion that instills fear and guilt on poor children,,

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

if i stop her study...would that make things better??

of course not...there'll just be a more indoctrinated person there to force her to do things she doesn't want or need to do

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

They have a word for what that old biddy did, it's called recruitment, but I've got a few other choice words I'd like to call it....(not here though, that will most likely get me booted).

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

MsGrowingGirl20, I think you are correct in believing that if you stop the study, they will just find someone more indoctrinated to study with this child. Probably the pioneer sister you took with you, as she could probably use the study to get in time. If you continue , you can keep her from being pressured. Remind her that Jesus was an adult when he was baptised, so she does not have to hurry. If her Mom is new, she is probably quite zealous right now, I assume? You may be the one to save this child from this org. as you do more of your own research in regards to your doubts. How can anyone object to your discussions centering on God & the Bible? They can't (well, they will if you do not have WT literature out, cause you are not smart enough to read the Bible & understand it on your own!) Just have the book you are studying from out & open, so it all looks kosher. I know the pressure congragations can place on young people. They did it to my son. Thankfully, he is out now as well. Hope it goes well for you. Rudered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit