Were Elders told to mention the Faithful Slave / Governing Body / Organization more?

by pirata 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

The GB has done a lot to toot their horns especially since recent years.

I do remember the days of Knorr, and Franz, when very little was heard of them except at the annual District Conventions. I remember seeing Grant Suitor coming to speak to us in the East of Canada, in a very friendly, humble way.

Now a days, I don't like the image of the GB. They have tried to elevate their authority above everyone. Too big. Can't be questioned, even when they are wrong.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I"ve noticed this in recent years,and find it quite disturbing. I wonder what newer ones think when they hear the "slave" this ,or "faithful slave" that

They want Witnesses to move away from the term "the society". But,that is taking some time for everyone to catch on.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Blondie, those passages are very interesting indeed. I'd never read those before.

But, surely, they were written in 1952. Hasn't the WT's teaching been modified since then, to allow for innocents to be reprieved (in their view)?

Or am I wrong? I don't know.

I do know that when I used to go to the KH, and i was avidly reading all the literature I could lay my hands on including oloder books, someone suggested I read a book whose title I've forgotten for the moment. Anyway, the ministerial servant in charge of getting books told me that he couldn't get that any more and wouldn't advise me to read it as teachings had changed, and it would mislead me.

Wouldn't that apply here? I don't know, I'm only asking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit