Answer I got to the UN association.

by Inisc 41 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Cofty, thanks for posting that link to the Guardian.

The trouble is, you're preaching to the choir here, as you know. We get it, those still in will go through the most absurd mental gymnastics to avoid facing reality.

No one likes cognitive dissonance, yet it's odd how often people will accept ridiculous beliefs to avoid the psychological tension created by it rather than face facts.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/united-nations-association.php

Above is the link to the excellent expose on JWFacts.com which shows Paul Gillies of the London Bethel lying in several e-mails to the Guardian newspaper's religious affairs reporter Stephen Bates.

Mr Bates is the one who first exposed the NGO status of the WT with the U.N the article on JWfacts follows the whole thing through.

If any JW can read this article and think they belong to an organization of truth, representing a god of truth, they really are a looney.

The WT is trying to keep itself going by LIES upon lies.

• heathen
    heathen

I remember just after that story broke I went to the KH after not going for years to the tuesday book study and the first thing out of the presiding elders mouth when he saw me was , we're not answering any questions about the UN then he went on and demonized the WTBTS web site as apostate but someone mentioned to him what he did then he said it was a mistake on his part .LOL . There is no way for them to save face on the issue and quoting Romans 13 isn't going to work with me , I know they have been saying the world ended invisibly for a long time .

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Has this happened to any one else?

Similar. It was a few years back when I mentioned it to a visiting JW. They told me they'd get back to me. They did. They (said that they'd) telephoned a relative in Bethel/Brooklyn (we live in England) and the answer was that it wasn't the Society, but a private individual (unbeknownst to the WTS) who had joined the library for personal use.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

My parents' response to this was that whoever did this was working on his own, unbeknownst to the Society and that surely he must have been punished for this! Surely it must have been one of those APOSTATES that sometimes infiltrate Bethel and he's no longer there OR a Jehovah's Witness! When I told them it was Ciro Aulicino...the one who gave the (disgusting) talk that they waxed poetic about and insisted I (and every other JW or person studying that lived on the East Coast) listen to, and that he was doing research for the writing department with the Society's blessing, they changed their tune and said he must have had his reasons for doing so...and once he found out it was wrong, he changed.

Excuses excuses excuses. ANY excuse so they don't have to do something so uncomfortable as to use their brain!!

• dog is god
    dog is god

beyond sad.

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

Thank you, Inisc and Blond-moment, Crofty and all, for such powerful info.

My mother, bros&sisters are all JWs... (Dad passed away 10 years ago, a sitter-on-the-fence who loved talking to me secretly about JW hypocrisy - miss him terribly)..totally closed-minded despite glaring evidence around them. For me, it's a matter of: Can't change others' reactions/responses - but we can change our own reactions to their reactions. Show them love, care, and tenderness.

Look forward to your next encounter, Blond-moment.

Flossycat, Melbourne, Australia

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

Well, what can I say? The JW (inactive) said fornication is okay but not celebrating holidays... :(

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

Correction : The JW (inactive) that I know said...

• avengers
    avengers
    WORLD HEADQUARTERS OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY 11201-2483 • Tel. 718 560-5000

XXXX November 1, 2001 No. XXXXX

Via CompuServe

Branch Committee

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Brothers:

Because of published allegations by opposers that we have secret links with the United Nations, a number of branches have inquired about the matter and we have replied. This circular letter replaces any replies we have given earlier and is sent to all branches. To anyone inquiring within your branch territory you might respond according to what is stated below:

Our purpose for registering with the Department of Public Information as a nongovernmental organization (NGO) in 1991 was to have access to research material available on health, ecological, and social problems at the United Nations library facilities. We had been using the library for many-years prior to 1991, but in that year it became necessary to register as an NGO to have continued access. Registration papers filed with the United Nations that we have on file contain no statements that conflict with our Christian beliefs. Moreover, NGOs are informed by the United Nations that "association of NGOs with the DPI does not constitute their incorporation into the United Nations system, nor does it entitle associated organizations or their staff to any kind of privileges, immunities or special status."

Still, the Criteria for Association of NGOs-at least in their latest version-contain language that we cannot subscribe to. When we realized this, we immediately withdrew our registration. We are grateful that this matter was brought to our attention.

We trust that the above is, helpful in counteracting the attempts of opposers to discredit us.

Please be assured of our warm Christian love and best wishes.

Your brothers,

Chairman's Committee

c: Administration Offices Desks

Legal Department

Office of Public Information

note: We had been using the library for many-years prior to 1991, but in that year it became necessary to register as an NGO to have continued access Registration papers filed with the United Nations that we have on file contain no statements that conflict with our Christian beliefs.

"What are the Criteria for NGOs to become associated with DPI?"

Organizations eligible for association with DPI are those which:

• Share the ideals of the UN Charter;
  • Operate solely on a not-for-profit basis;
  • Have a demonstrated interest in United Nations issues and proven ability to reach large or specialized audiences, such as educators, media representatives, policy makers and the business community;
  • Have the commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes about UN activities by publishing newsletters, bulletins, and pamphlets; organizing conferences, seminars and round tables; and enlisting the cooperation of the media.
  • " Below is a letter from the United Nations. United Nations Nations Unies HEADQUARTERS – SIEGE NEW YORK, N Y 1 0 0 1 7 TEL. : 1 (212)963 - 1234 - FAX : 1 (212) 963 - 4879 18 March 2002 Dear Mr. XX, In reply to your letter dated 19 Februrary 2002, please be informed of the following: 1.The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., an NGO, had been associated with the DPI since 1992 and requested to terminate its association in 2001. the request was granted on 9 October 2001. According to the website www.watchtower.org, the organization is “a legal organization in use by Jehovah’s Witnesses.“

2.The United Nations does not force or “trick“ any NGO to be associated with DPI.

3.The criteria for association for NGOs have not been changed since 1991. We are also attaching a copy of response from our office to inquiries about the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Sincerely, Lyutha Al-Mughairy

Chief

Public Liaison Service

Department of Public Information cc: S. Tharoor

T. Gastaut

P. Hoeffel Caught in a web of lies. Who can deny it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit