Menlo Park KH - Elder Tells All - and more

by Juan Viejo2 72 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Londo111
    Londo111

A large dedicated legal department.

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

Why does the Society keep winning in court?

they have all the donations in the world to buy the court cases.

• Violia
    Violia

I am not surprised as this - it is the politics that happen in a large corporation. They are just taking measures to protect the money. An elder a long ago told me that even though many elders and co/do knew they had gotten 1914 wrong/the change in the ransom doctrine, the GB putting themselves in the place of Christ as the mediator between God and man- all these things the old timers knew. He said they had too much invested , too many careers and those who had no other skills but being heavies in the Borg. So it means jobs and careers. They will take out whoever they have to so they can protect this Org.

I am surprised that after the Bonham Texas apostasy the wts did not take this kind of control then. I do recall that they did change the way the title to the KH was handled in new Kh's but don't know about existing khs.

This is a good thing if it happens b/c it will open the eyes of many of the elders . The more elders/co/do's leave the worse it will be publicity wise for the wts. People who have inside knowledge are dangerous for any corporation.

• minimus
    minimus

Old hippie, don't you ever tire from defending the Organization? Why you still hang on to the religion is downright shameful

• Devil_Fish
    Devil_Fish

The Menlo Park kingdom hall was privately financed by a wealthy brother. The loan to this brother was paid off in 2008, and the deed was then held free and clear by The Menlo Park Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses Inc.

The Watch Tower, then sent Kohler to convince the MP Elders to accept a loan from the WT so that they could re-model the MP KH (So that the WT could get the deed). The MP Elders were happy with the KH the way it was and told them so.

The WT removed the Elders. Un Fortunantly for the WT, the elders never installed the corporate by laws, therefore the Menlo Park Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses Inc. falls under California Corporate law. California Corporate law does not stipulate that the Board of Executives be elders, or even JW's for that matter, so the WT had no legal right to remove them.

Basically, the Local MP congregation bought and paid for the MP KH. the value of the MP KH and property is now about $2.5M. It does not need to be remodeled, but the WT insisted. The elders refused.

This is what happened in a nut shell. I look forward to the next article on ex-jw.com for much more detail that I can provide here.

D_F

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

wow, I've been following the case but honestly forgot some of the details. really shameful.

• Devil_Fish
    Devil_Fish

Oh, Ya, one mor thing, the WT keeps winning in court, because they keep bribeing the clearks.

D_F

• metatron
    metatron

I'm not clear on the critical point here - who now owns the hall? Do the removed elders still control it? Or does the Borg claim it and the former elders have to prove otherwise?

metatron

• Devil_Fish
    Devil_Fish

The borg created a coporation called "the English Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, Menlo Park, California Inc." Then apointed the RWC elders as BOE of this new Corporation. Then Commited fraud by claiming (in writing to the sec of state) that the Board of Directors of the Menlo Park Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses Inc. has met and agreed to change it's name to "the English Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, Menlo Park California Inc."

When submitting the paperwork for the name change, they listed them selves as the BOE. They then proceeded to put their name on the deed. The Menlo Park Police considered this grand theft of $2.2M before they were bribed and looked the other way.

D_F

• Devil_Fish
    Devil_Fish

Oh, ya, I almost forgot, The investigator, Officer Kegan, has since retired.

D_F

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit