on the fence - an introduction

by so confused 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome.

Keep reading and talking, you will discover lots more fascinating things yet, you have already figured out some of it for yourselves. I know its scary but freedom is worth any price.

I hope you keep posting and talking through how its going.

• so confused
    so confused

Thanks for the responses and encouragement. This is the 1st forum I have ever ready done so its just all knew to me. My husband is even the one that set the amount up for me. He accurately joined this site several months ago and stated it helped him so he wanted me to have a support system also. I skimmed Raymond's "In search of christian freedom" book I agreed with alot of what he stated. I partially read skimmed "Crisis of Conscience." I know I need to really sit down with it but its hard with a 2 year old. I am continuing to talk to my husband and keep an open mind but sometimes its hard and it does get overwhelming. I feel like im lying by not telling my family that we are not going to the meeting anymore. But i'm afraid of their reactions and I dont feel at this point I can defend my point of view. Thank you all for the support.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Glad to see that you're back and that your husband has been here for a while. You're not lying to your family about meeting attendance. You're an adult and have every right to make your own decisions. If/when the time comes to defend your actions, all you need to say is that your decision is personal and needs no other explanation. It may take some time for you to get there, but eventually you'll revel in the freedom that comes from exiting the cult.

I've pm'd you my contact information, and you're welcme to use it if you want. There are several other longtime posters who have had more personal contact with newbies, and I'm certain their offers of personal attention wll come along the more you post. In the meantime, read as much as you can. If things really start to get to you, therapy may be necessary. You wouldn't be the first exiting jw to do so, and you certainly won't be the last.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

marking for later

• mouthy
    mouthy

WELCOME!!!!!!Glad to have you join us

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit