Does Anyone Else Feel This Way?

by Shanagirl 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

oops!

GLTirebiter thank you for the information. I haven't been to that website you recommended. Actually I have visited the Top 10 reasons to return to the Catholic Church website, and enjoyed a lot of what it said. It's funny how I came upon that website. I was feeling this longing for communion during this time of year, and one day a commercial came on TV about "Catholics Come Home". So, I went to that website. I just don't believe all of their teachings either, but I feel that way about all organized religion

finally awake I get it. I too don't feel any urge to participate in any organized religion. It's just this one thing, the Eucharist, that I miss.

Shana

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I just realized...for me this year Easter means.....easter eggs......" Still Thinking

And chocolate easter bunnies..... LOTS of chocolate easter bunnies....

Yummmmm.....

chocolate easter bunny

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

still thinking I love Easter eggs and all the Easter decorations and flowers and colors of the season

Shana

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'd just go and enjoy the pomp and pageantry if I had nothing better to do.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Gluten Free?

This became an issue a year or so ago, as it is made out of wheat flout. All those faithful Roman Catholics with gluten allergies . . . get handed a standard-issue wheat flour wafer. Roman Catholic church absolutely refused to do it differently.

And this made me LOL...

Today there are several different large manufacturers that produce communion wafers as a major or minor part of their businesses. However, it is reported that one single manufacturer produces the communion wafers for over three quarters of the Roman Catholic, Episcopalian and Lutheran churches in the United States, Canada, England and Australia. That manufacturer is The Cavanagh Company which is a family business located in Rhode Island.

Apparently the church only used to let the Nuns make the wafers for them....now they are happy to make them for the other churches too...that's progress...LOL

Heres a link on the history of the wafer making....you can even order some here shanna....bon appetite!

http://www.cavanaghco.com/acatalog/Cavanagh-History.html

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I was raised a catholic and I have no desire to return to that religion either

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit