Does Anyone Else Feel This Way?

by Shanagirl 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Ok, it's that time of year. The Memorial is coming up. I've been out for over 10 years. The whole idea of the Memorial repulses me. But I was brought up in Catholic Schools and raised as a Catholic before coming into the cult of JW's. I've gone back to celebrating and enjoying the Holidays over the years since being out. Now, during the season of Lent, I am longing for the Eucharist. This is a really special time of year for practicing Catholics, and I am feeling that I want to be there participating in Christian celebration again.

Are there any former Catholics here who have these longings?

Shana

• still thinking
    still thinking

No, I don't

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

I was not Catholic before becoming involved with the WT,I was a Methodist, but I know what you are feeling. If you have a deep desire to participate, and you feel it is right, I hope you can get past the WT programming and do it. I wish to take communion, but have not yet found a spiritual home where I feel comfortable. I feel that I have missed out all those years of following Jesus command when I was ignorantly following the WT false teachings. Getting past the guilt brought on by the false teachings can be the hardest part. I hope you can find the strength to do what is right for you. rudered

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

But you're a pagan now, aren't you?

• still thinking
    still thinking

It would appear old habbits die hard Berngaria...I thought Shanna was leaning more to the Gnostic...but obviously, I could be wrong.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Heck, I'm an atheist but I enjoyed attending a Catholic church service with my neighbors a year or so ago....

I'd say, if you miss it, then pick out a Catholic church near you and attend it.

Who do you have to answer to nowadays, anyway????

Zid

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Are there any former Catholics here who have these longings?

Yes, I had them. I made the decison to return after attending Easter Vigil in 2010, so I am no longer "former Catholic" (I prefer to say "lapsed Catholic").

I suggest you see catholicxjw.org, if you haven't already. Tom Cabeen's article on the Eucharist is particularly appropriate for the Easter Season.

• finally awake
    finally awake

For me, I am not feeling any urge at all to participate in any traditional Christian religions. I don't know if I'll ever feel that there is any truth or special value in organized religion.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I just realized...for me this year Easter means.....easter eggs...

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

ruderedhead Thanks for your kind words. I know you get how I feel. I too felt I was missing out on communion all those years at the kingdom hall doing the memorial.

Bergengaria Pagan? I guess JW's would think I'm a pagan. I am sort of esoteric, in my beliefs, but presently I don't label myself as in a certain belief system. I have a strong feeling toward the Christ Consciousness.

still thinking Yes I do lean toward Gnostic way of beliefs, and find may of the Christian Gnostics writings very interesting. I have integrated a lot of the phylosophy into my own inner knowing of what I personally believe to be true for myself.

finally awake, thank you for the information. I haven't been to that website you recommended. Actually I have visited the Top 10 reasons to return to the Catholic Church website, and enjoyed a lot of what it said. It's funny how I came upon that website. I was feeling this longing for communion during this time of year, and one day a commercial came on TV about "Catholics Come Home". So, I went to that website. I just don't believe all of their teachings either, but I feel that way about all organized religion.

Shana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit