SECRET LETTER of Watchtower Media Changes!

by TheSnarkyApologist 46 Replies latest jw friends

• justmom
  • justmom
    justmom

Soooo.......

What they should have said is "since Jehovah's organization is everchanging and keeping up with the times.....there is "NEW LIGHT"

The internet is no longer demonized! You can sit at home in your pjs drinking coffee and count your time witnessing to people that you will

never see their faces. Something i'm sure they are accusing us of.

And of course they have to condense the magazines in half and save on printing. Two reasons. All the money$$ they have been spending on

settling cases outta court. And there is no new food from the slave-class. Just the same old rehashed kool-aid! They have to make sure their

pocketbooks are not too affected somehow.

Less reading material, less meetings, less songs to sing, less hourly requirements to pioneer, WOW thay are becoming so loving to their flock.? NOT~~~~

thought i'd put my two cents in......

justamom ( who can see through their evil plan)

• Anne Marie 1925
    Anne Marie 1925

SO glad that this was posted!!! The Watchtower appears to be dying...valiantly...but dying, nonetheless. You can't fool all the people for ever...

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

"Today, we face similar influences from Satan and his wicked system. Worldly philosophy, including secular humanism and the theory of evolution, shapes people’s thinking, morals, goals, and lifestyle. False religion plays a major role in many popular holiday celebrations. The entertainment industry panders to the debased tendencies of the fallen flesh, and much of the content of the Internet poses a real danger to young and old alike. "

The Watchtwoer 7/15/09 Page 4 Paragraph 6

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The 438 languages are listed on this page, so you haven't tried too hard finding them:

http://www.watchtower.org/languages.htm

• mP
    mP

The old hippie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BANZSL

American Sign Language and BANZSL are ostensibly unrelated sign languages, and share far fewer signs. However there is still a significant overlap, probably due largely to relatively recent borrowing of lexicon by signers of all three dialects of BANZSL, with many younger signers unaware which signs are recent imports.

Between Auslan, BSL and NZSL, 82% of signs are identical (per Swadesh lists). When considering identical as well as similar or related signs there are 98% cognate signs between the languages. By comparison, ASL and BANZSL have only 31% signs identical, or 44% cognate.

Does all those different SL really count as different ? Do they really retranslate all or some material into each of the different sign languages ?

• semelcred
    semelcred

I stand corrected about the 430 languages. I never doubted the story just the letter. I will not be at the meeting to hear it read out. I think the average JW will be relieved as the magazines are so poorly written and dumbed down to the lowest levels of education.

The society often brags how it was the first to use talking movies, radio station hook ups and MEPs but they have lost their forward looking attitude.

Magazines on the internat have the possibility of including all sorts of media attached to them. Why use two bored window cleaners knocking on doors or poorly educated and tired elders presenting a public talk when you can have dynamic and interactive presentations to spew the cult message.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

Even the Witnesses know they're running out of money. They don't want to help anybody out by making it easier to have just one website. At the Assembly I went to last month, there was a talk. And the speaker gave everyone the most surprising advice ever given. He said the least used publication in Street Work is actually the bible. What a shocker. And also, to stop just handing out magazines cuz most of them end up in the garbage. Try to start bible studies. The organization wants people to stop wasting their products. They're closing Brooklyn Bethel and opening another in upstate NY. They might as well come out and say "We're losing money. We're cutting costs."

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I think this is a great thing for 2 very specific reasons. Consolidating their sites into 1 large site will have the effect of lowering their online presence. Also, most people doing personal research use the internet heavily. For example, if I wanted to know the basics of how a doctor performs a face transplant, I will probably not make a day out of it by going to the library and checking out books to get a completely comprehensive idea of how it's done. Most likely I will go on a site like howstuffworks.com and find out the basics. The same would be true of researching JWs. Most people will research them on the interent.

The benefit of them consolidating the info to 1 site is this. Most people do not only look at 1 single site when they are researching. They will browse a few sites or more. In the past it may have been possible for someone to go to watchtower.org first and look around. Then maybe head over to jw-media.org and then finally jw.org. Now with 1 site, they will be forced to look at other non-jw sites. Perhaps now they will stumble onto jwfacts.com or freeminds.org, or carm.org/jehovah'switnesses, or even 4jehovah.org.

I see only good things coming out of this. Smaller WTs. Less internet presence (parousia... :-) ). More opportunities for those ignorant of WT schemes to arm themselves. This is great news!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Christ Alone, Obviously what you have described is not what the WT is intending to happen...but in all likelihood it is. The WT is in no way promoting or suggesting the members witness via the internet...and certainly caution against using any site other than theirs to research them....but especially non-members would likely look at this official site..and at least one more...and the one more won't be a WT-sponsored site. As far as the smaller mags...less paper wasted, perhaps an image to the members (even if subconscious) that the magazines are nothing special at all. It does take a big step for a member to come here, or freeminds, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit