Impact of climate change may be underestimated - Article worth reading

by cantleave 90 Replies latest social current

• mP
    mP

talesin

firstly, the points you present may very well be true, but they are not proof that man made activities are causing this. ice has been disappearing since the last ice age, this is not a new phenomena. even capt cook saw ice bergs breaking when he sailed down to antartica.

instead of repeating how ice is melting concentrate on direct prrofs that explain why this happens. is there more melting now than five hundred years ago ? is the rate of increasing temp match industrial pollution output levels ?

• talesin
    talesin

Polar bears are starving because their natural habitat is shrinking. They are at the top of the food chain, as are the killer whales (which we are also killing).

If we don't care about them, maybe we should realize that if they are dying, so are we.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I see in the evening news that the Euro Union wants to institute a "carbon tax" on cross-atlantic airliners for thier carbon emissions.

The tax can be avoided if they will use "bio-fuels". Which they undoubtedly will not do.

So, we still have the same airplanes, same fuel, same engines, and a tax.

How is this helping the environment?

• mP
    mP

talesin

your arguement that its getting warmer was also true two hundred and three hundred years ago. this is the wts , signs of the ends, when they say there will be wars, famines, earthqu#akes etc. those have always been true, its not hard to selectively ignore the past and pretend its all true.

again show cause and effect, not simply observations.

• mP
    mP

talesin

your article image says the artic has not experienced this type of heatwave for 8000 years. that implies a similar thing happened over 8000 years ago, and guess what there was no man, cars, cvoal power stations and so on. if it happened back then without mans humble camp fires etc why cant the same be true now ?

• talesin
    talesin

Do some research on how many chemicals are spewed into the air by coal-generated hydro ... we are still mining coal.

I have a friend who installed solar panels on his roof over 20 years ago ... he pays for his own home heating with those panels --- why WHY doesn't everyone have solar panels on their roof? RENEWABLE ENERGY -- it works.

it's all about the money, and research will also show you that about 65-70% of the world's energy is used by industry. Advertising campaigns by the government, encouraging 'consumers' to turn off their lights, are just that - advertisting campaigns. The real energy waste is heavy industry -- and we need to effect change at the very roots of our society - our 'for profit', capitalistic greed is leading to an implosion of violence that has already begun - the poor are weary of being sold a pipe dream.

It's time to tend to our OWN backyard, before western society self-destructs.

meh,,, my 2 cents.

t

• talesin
    talesin

j_w,,, this:

I see in the evening news that the Euro Union wants to institute a "carbon tax" on cross-atlantic airliners for thier carbon emissions.

The tax can be avoided if they will use "bio-fuels". Which they undoubtedly will not do.

So, we still have the same airplanes, same fuel, same engines, and a tax.

How is this helping the environment?

Agreed.

How do we get the facts? What part of this news is smoke & mirrors?

That is my complaint with ALL big government - it goes along with big corps,,,,,,,, and that is not good for LITTLE people.

t

• talesin
    talesin

mP, and ...

anyone reading can research their own facts, or reference my research and that of others, on previous threads ...

t

• mP
    mP

talesin

yes but your argument is only as syrong as your weakest link. most of your quotes are observations, i have yet to see cause and effect. some posts just lecture to me but never address rises before the inustrial age. they also never explain how the uncrease is arithmetic and not logarithmic.

• talesin
    talesin

That is true. I can argue my viewpoint, you can parry, but it's up to each of us to do our individual research,, and I DON'T mean reading blogs ... look at what scientists,,, and especially independent groups of scientists (in my opinion) have to say,, make up our own minds ,,, I won't convince you of my POV, mP, and vice versa ....

freedom,,, love it!

we can agree to disagree, and it's okay! there is no ultimate "top dog" saying we MUST be right...

... unless, of course, you must be right. In that case, go ahead, you can be right ... I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy being relaxed .......

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit