Impact of climate change may be underestimated - Article worth reading

by cantleave 90 Replies latest social current

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

There is a great video of Feynman teaching that on youtube somewhere.

• mP
    mP

botch

man cant even predict th weather more than a few days in advance, while computers are fast today, to do the modelling required to accurately predict weeks and months we need finer sampling and a great increase in computtaion speed. we are no where near what is required to preduct way into the future, simple because tyhe small when compunded in the model has a dramatic effect the longer the simulation runs. im not saying they use floating point math, but the same errors in math due to rounding when one does a lot of floating ops, errors accumulate they dont average out.

• besty
    besty
    Our climate change computer models haven't shown much predictive power.

Please elaborate, with evidence.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well, I've been a member of the board too long and was alone 10 years ago saying global warming is the result of man and is real. At least I'm not on my own anymore, but I see denial is alive and well.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

Run out of things to tax, let's blame human's for everything sounds familiar!

Regards,

Star Tiger

• james_woods
    james_woods

What I am waiting to hear is the coherent plan of what to do about it - if indeed this climate warming does exist.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I believe A global carbon tax is this the "cohernet plan" you're looking for. It's the UN's idea, so it's gotta be awesome right?

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=d5c3c93f-802a-23ad-4f29-fe59494b48a6

excerpt - “A climate change response must have at its heart a redistribution of wealth and resources,”

• Glander
    Glander

Now we are getting to the point.

• besty
    besty
    Now we are getting to the point.

Indeed we are - ideology is at the root of denial.

The real problem deniers have is not the reality of climate change based on empirical evidence, the 'point' is the proposed solution, which interferes with their world view.

Meanwhile ocean heat content continues to rise with or without your ideology.

• james_woods
    james_woods

OK, so again I ask: What do the climate warming true believers propose we do about it?

No - the "global carbon tax" is not an answer. It does not actually reduce the amount of carbon emission.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit