Watchtower's United Nations Association

by Celestial 61 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

We can argue about this all day, but the crux of the issue really is what the Watchtower is doing via this association. The level of involvement can vary once you gain NGO membership.

I sincerely don't buy into the "using the library" excuse. The Org has a history of pushing it's freedom to preach agenda using legal means,

and what seems more logical to me is that they have been and continue to influence decision makers who hold weight in extending "the work" to countries where this is prohibited.

I can even see how they probably reason this internally. At a high level, the leadership justifies this by a "means to an end" excuse, where yes they are dealing with the "harlot" but with the intention of expanding Jehovah's work.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The UN business just a side issue.

If the Watchtower was really selected by Jesus in 1919, to be Jehovah's channel then anything they do, including dishonesty and deception, is OK, including having different standards for the hierarchy and the drones.

So, ask yourself, was it selected? when? how kosher is the evidence? and be honest with yourself.

Cheers

Chris

• 00DAD
    00DAD

mind blown: Thanks for the quote regarding the YMCA and the picture of the whore on top of the scarlet colored beast with the UN in the background.

The WT was completely guilty of engaging in activity that is contrary to what they taught millions of people for decades. If you did it or I did it we'd have been disfellowshipped, no question.

Their "We needed a library card" excuse is so pathetically lame it's insulting to those that at one time trusted them.

For me, when I found this out back in 2002/3, this was the beginning of the end of believing in them. Seven years later I was completely out.

00DAD

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Look, if I can't swim at the YMCA the the WT shouldn't be reading books at the UN.

End of story.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

You will notice that it was after the WTS. got openly caught being a member of the UN (NGO), that they

stated in the Awake magazine that the UN wasn't really that bad.

Goes to show the length of hypocrisy large religious organizations will got to when it comes to expanding themselves.

Now the WTS/JWS is taking a ride on top the great Harlot to use her influence to help the WTS.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Their "We needed a library card" excuse is so pathetically lame it's insulting to those that at one time trusted them.

One comedian likened it to a Minister getting caught coming out of a brothel and then claiming he only went there to read the magazines.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Jehovah's Judgement is such a badly written and argued site that I cannot believe anyone puts any value on it at all. Here is another rebuttal. http://jwfacts.com/print/expose-jehovahsjudgment.pdf

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Black Sheep, there are magazines at brothels? Who knew!

Probably WT & Awakes! placed there by some pioneer brother as part of his ministry. I wonder if he counted his time? Was it a Return Visit?

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

The UN involvement was the beginning of the end for me. No part of the world means just that NO PART. They DON'T get access to the library, they DON'T get access to the front door, There is NO EXCUSE, period. When a R&F could be DF for cleaning the floors at the UN yet the WT can join as an NGO, something is seriously wrong.

Plus growing up, WT telling us over, and over, and OVER that the UN=Wild Beast and those fornicating with it are part of the Harlot, again, period!. They aren't even the classy part of the harlot, they slept with the wild beast for what was essentially free (that's their lame excuse anyway). They gave it up without even getting dinner first.

Then to find out all the WT claims were out and out LIES, just pushed me right over the edge. Who is the father of the lie? hmm. It broke my heart, I was like Maria in West Side Story - please let it not be trrrue, please let it not be trrrrue. Waking up to all this was hard, I felt like I was losing my mind. Glad I had the courage to continue researching (courage it was, I was terrified), because, it really is true what they say, the truth hurts, and the truth will set you free. I expereinced both of those.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

blond-moment: No part of the world means just that NO PART.

Yes, it's like "What part of 'No Part' is confusing you?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit