My 8 year old gets it

by discreetslave 18 Replies latest jw friends

• out4good3
    out4good3
    We responded by telling her "the most important thing and what will make her happy is to serve Jehovah and do his will in this system

This line of thought is too often used to crush dreams JWs have that don't correlate directly to a WT directed activity.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Out4good3 Dead on.

I want to cry when I think about how insecure she was becoming and how after leaving I had to convince her college is a good thing.

• Diest
    Diest

"I'm a goat. I want to be a doctor not a pioneer so I'm a goat and I will die at armageddon because I want to be a doctor."

What a quote. Makes you a little sad, but so happy now that you know you got out in time.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Sounds like a very bright kid with her head screwed properly on.

She will have a bright future, along with us educated goats.

I speak as a Star Trek fan from the very beginning.

Go girl!

• nugget
    nugget

Good for her. It's funny that when you are on the outside it is so clear you wonder how you missed it. Sounds like college would be a good ambition for your little bright spark.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    For example when she was almost 3 she proudly announced at the dinner table "I'm a goat. I want to be a doctor not a pioneer so I'm a goat and I will die at armageddon because I want to be a doctor.

Well, she's a smart little goat, LOL! Good for her, but I hope she's over the fear of Armageddon.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

@Jamie We're working on it. She said the fear still comes up at times.

• talesin
    talesin

What a wise, tiny one!

• life is to short
    life is to short

That is so cool, truly out of the mouth of babes for sure as we used to say. Children can see though more of the grabage then adults can, I remember things just not making sense at the meetings when I was a kid but being told to just wait on Jehovah like I was in the wrong for my thoughts. I felt Jehovah would kill me if I did not do what He wanted. So I waited on Jehovah and waited and waited and I pioneered and went to Bethel, etc.

I now feel I totally wasted my life but your daughter has her whole life ahead of her with you to help her, that is just so cool.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit