My 8 year old gets it

by discreetslave 18 Replies latest jw friends

• discreetslave
    discreetslave
    My 8 year old has recently discovered Star Trek and loves it. The other night we watched an episode "Return of the Archons". Whenever someone spoke differently or questioned, it was recognized that they were not one of them or "of the body". After it was over and her dad was out of the room she whispers to me "it reminds me of Jehovah's Witnesses". "Out of the mouth of babes " as we use to say. Now if I can only get her dad to see things this clearly.

http:/ /www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuLBzWTeK6I

• cantleave
    cantleave

Don't you just love kids - they don't miss a thing!

• mind blown
    mind blown

thanx for sharing!! Adorable post!

The Star Trek video is hilarious!!! Does sound like THE BODY....lol

• Ding
    Ding

"The will of Landru" = latest directives from the GB...

• out4good3
    out4good3

This little girl will do just fine.....

I routinely watch these type of shows with my wife that should be as easy as ie to draw parallels with how the WT organization operates....

Just goes right over her head!!!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Ha ha . . . she'll be calling them "the borg" next LOL. What a wee sweetie . . . and smart too.

Life should be an "out of body" experience, no?

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I always loved that episode of the old star trek. It has only been a few years now that I "get it" when I think of this old start trek show. And in many many ways that is exactly the way it is in the borg. How a science fiction show of the 60's has caused me to think and wake up so many years later. No wonder my parents did now like me watching it as a kid. Totally ADD P.S. Hooray for your 8 year old.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Children see through things so very easily and simply; do not let anyone "train" this out of her.

If you protect this ability it will serve her well through life and beyond the WTBT$ grasp.

• mind blown
    mind blown

hahahahaaaaaaaaa.........too cute......I'm still chuckling.....made my day....

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

She's thrilled over your responses, Thank You!!!

I wish I had paid more attn to things she said as early as 2. Instead her dad & I spent the last 5 years trying to reign in the independent spirit she was born with. For example when she was almost 3 she proudly announced at the dinner table "I'm a goat. I want to be a doctor not a pioneer so I'm a goat and I will die at armageddon because I want to be a doctor." We responded by telling her "the most important thing and what will make her happy is to serve Jehovah and do his will in this system" I'm so glad I woke up before I did any further damage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit