Reality setting in for Jehovah's Witnesses?

by MrDarkKnight 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, Witnesses in their 40’s and 50’s have seen the world not end many times over, so they probably know the score. My guess is that the Society will end all date speculation, and change to become a proper religion with an assured financial future.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"It does not matter if the end comes in my lifetime. I know I am doing God's will."
    This is a cop out. So what is the good news then? That Jesus began his invisibe reign in heaven in 1914 and that in 2314 he will finally step in and do something? It is difficult for people to be honest with themselves when underneath it all, they know they've been duped.
  • talesin
    talesin

Starting your life over without any support system is daunting and very hard...trust me I know. But I am experienceing the happiness of doing what I really believe and being successful and happy. (Shiver me timbers!)

Good ole Peg-Leg Pete!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"It does not matter if the end comes in my lifetime. I know I am doing God's will."

And I know that I'm doing God's will by not placing my faith in a printing corporation led by imperfect men that expect me to spend all my time advancing their interests.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I use to say that. I felt my being a JW and being loyal had nothing to do with a date but was because of my doing God's will. Many JW's I know say this. Deep down as each year went by it was hard not to think about the end still not coming and wondering how much longer it would be.

• N.drew
    N.drew

12 “I, even I, am He who comforts you.
    Who are you that you are afraid of man who dies
    And of the son of man who is made like grass,

13 That you have forgotten the L ORD your Maker,
    Who stretched out the heavens
    And laid the foundations of the earth,
    That you fear continually all day long because of the fury of the oppressor,
    As he makes ready to destroy?
    But where is the fury of the oppressor?

Isaiah 51: 12,13

• N.drew
    N.drew

1 Samuel 15:24 Then Saul said to Samuel, "I have sinned; I have indeed transgressed the command of the LORD and your words, because I feared the people and listened to their voice.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Saying God wants all to attain repentance (as taught by the JW's) is just circular reasoning for why the end is not here yet. It never has to come! Sinners are born everyday, and they have to repent too!

CoC

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I genuinely felt that I did not care when the Big A and the "New System" happened, I rather hoped it would not be in my lifetime, I thought it would be hard to observe the sight of the destruction and carnage etc

I genuinely was not tied to a date, I got some heated reaction early in 1975 when I spoke against serving toward a date, I simply wished to do God's will.

I left because it plainly is not God's will that I serve a publishing corporation/real estate outfit that teaches lies.

What is "God's will" ? get them to honestly analyse that and they will leave too.

Good luck with trying !

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

I can't read this thread without thinking of the lovely couple in Brisbane who "brought me into the truth". They were distraught, truly, when my wife told them that we had left the religion and would not return. When we met again some months later, they were still emotional. The guy had tears in his eyes, begging me to tell him why we had left. We wouldn't/couldn't tell them that the reason was because we had read Ray Franz's books and realised it was all a fraud. We were worried he woiuld phone ur congregation and start a judicial committee. We just told him we had made a decision and that was that.

The tragedy of it all is that neither were born-ins. The husband was contacted at the doors in Brisbane and lured in; his wife was originally dead against it, but later succumbed. Now she's the one who phones my wife a week before the 2010 memorial and tells her she's a hypocrite for not attending because she "knows it's the truth".

Both of them have battled against the attempted manipulation of their lives by nosey "brothers and sisters". They are successful in business and life, and have much more money than I can ever hope to make. But they remain trapped. I am now free. And I really feel sorry for them that they just don't realise what a crock they have sold their lives to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit