Just sent a letter...at 1am, after drinking a lot of Scotch

by tresdecu 15 Replies latest jw friends

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Sent to the production company that made 'Going Clear' (documentary about Scientology)

edit: I sent an email...not an actual letter. Although that would probably be a better idea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Gibney,

The documentary about Scientology was wonderful. My wife and I were fascinated with the information you presented. Exposing a dangerous cult and protecting possible future members is quite a noble endeavor.
    One thing interesting about watching this with my wife is that she too is currently trapped in a cult, and she doesn't even realize it. We were both raised in the religion known as Jehovah's Witnesses. The parallels between the cultish behavior was amazing to me. I kept looking at my wife while watching Going Clear, hoping, just hoping that something might click and get past the cognitive dissonance that she has built up over the years. I was able to mentally escape a few years ago. Although I see it as a cult, I could never express this view. I would lose my parents, in-laws, friends and most importantly my wife. JW's also shun those who no longer believe.
    The Witnesses are currently undergoing several issues within the religion: Child abuse within the ranks, that is covered up (so as not to bring "reproach" upon Jehovah's name) and also the issue of Blood transfusions.
    Young children as young as 6-7 are "taught" to express their view on not receiving blood in any case...emergent or otherwise. Children who have died have been displayed on the cover of their magazine 'Awake!' as martyrs and as an example to follow. I would gladly provide a reference if you are interested in seeing this. I could go on and on, but I'm sure you are a busy man. If you are actually reading this, I thank-you for your time and consideration. Somebody needs to do a MAJOR 'Tell-All' documentary about the dangers of this religion. There have been recent stories that you could google regarding the Child Abuse issue. (I believe ABC was the latest)

I thought the exposure that Going Clear received was awesome. My dream is to see The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (official legal entity of JWs) squirm as much as the leaders of Scientology must have.
    Thanks again for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
    A guy who can't reveal his real name

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    worth a shot, ya never know................
    alright, I gotta go to bed. G'night all....
    TD
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Clean and direct. Congrats on trying to help your wife. You may not be able to reveal your real name but you at the best gave them an email address to reply to.
  • Onager
    Onager

Surely that should read:

Dear Mishter Gibney,

The documentary about Schientology wash wonderful. My wife and I were fashcinated with the informashun you presented...
    :)
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

Very well written letter. Have you had a look at this thread? He wants their tax exempt status taken away, just like we do with the Watchtower..

www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/222350001/going-clear-director-calls-end-scientology-tax-exempt-status#/218460005

• carla
    carla
    Great idea! I was thinking of writing them a letter as well. I wonder if enough of us did perhaps they would think of actually producing a similar documentary?
  • millie210
    millie210

"In wine there is truth"

(or scotch)

Great letter!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    It doesn't sound like a drunk letter at all, nice job! I'm glad you had the courage to do this.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Very nicely written and expressed
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Congrats on getting involved, tresdecu!

If you are a member of LinkedIn, you may be able to connect with Alex Gibney. I sent him a connection request yesterday.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,
    Robert
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I want to see this one, I haven't had a chance yet, but there is a good one on hulu too, kinda short called Scientology: Ex Files. Drink some scotch and mail the producers of this one as well!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit