Beliefs Tied to Geography

by OnTheWayOut 87 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Beliefs of God or many Gods and Goddesses are naturally tied to Geo locations as homogenisation of cultures is more accelerated only in our times it was much slower in the not too distant past. Gods our a projection of our unconscious understanding them as such opens the way of understanding ourselves and how we think and react even at an unconscious level.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Just In, we don't believe there is a higher power simply because you cannot prove there isn't one. We have very profound reasons for why we believe. We aren't going to state them to you or Zidd. Zidd seems to think that there is some kind of scientific data that disproves the existence of a higher power. We are telling her it's impossible to prove. Seems that's just a concept she isn't capable of grasping at this point.

Intellects develop though and maybe one day she will understand that though she is 100 % sure in her own mind that there is not a higher power, she will never be able to prove it. And neither will anyone else be able to prove it. It's just something you cannot prove. It is impossible. And for those who like to be patronizing by calling God sky daddy and acting as if we are doing some magical thinking. We who believe in a higher power think that the idea that the material world came from absolute nothing, with no help from a conscious, vastly intelligent higher power, we think that idea is a pretty magical, fantastic, fairyland concept in and of its self.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    FHN - You sound like you had an amazing upbringing!Peace, tammy

In many ways it was very fun and amazing. I have to say one thing about my mother especially, she made some big boo boos raising us, but she did a lot of things right. Spirituality/religion was one she really did a wise and wonderful job with. She never used God or religion to shame us, scare us or control us. She never preached about religion or spirituality. We were exposed to many ways of belief. And she wouldn't have had a cow if we had told her we were agnostic or atheists. My parents were beautiful, intelligent & talented. I was proud of them. It's interesting to note that when I was a teenager and exposed to JW's through my oldest sibling and her husband (they were studying with the jw's), mother wasn't happy about it. That is one religion she did not think was healthy. I was 17 & had gone to live with my sister. I think Mom could have helped keep me from being sucked in by the JW's, had I still lived at home.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "... Zidd seems to think that there is some kind of scientific data that disproves the existence of a higher power. ..." FHN

Face/palm...

How many times do I have to explain - YOUR concept of a "higher power" was in large part generated and shaped by Bronze-Age Middle-Eastern nomadic males' volcano "god" mythology... A "god" which is one of the YOUNGEST "deities" to be worshipped on the face of the planet...

That deity which is OLDEST is most likely to be the "true" deity - if ANY are to be considered a "true deity"...

Also, you haven't answered any of my questions....

Without looking it up - what are the most significant teachings of Buddhism prior to 100 B.C? What are the primary beliefs of Hinduiism????

And while we're at it, how much bible reading have you done?

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "... We aren't going to state them to you or Zidd. ..." FHN

You've already stated them in your past posts... I've read some of your reasons for your belief... It's no "sacred mystery", there...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Zidd, truly, you have a dizzying intellect. You remind me a lot of Vizzini. 2:16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_eZmEiyTo0

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Ziddina, I wonder what it's like to be so far over my head.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    You've already stated them in your past posts... I've read some of your reasons for your belief... It's no "sacred mystery", there...

Ahem. Well, Zidd, do you think while you're jumping to conclusions, you might consider that I mean I'm not going to state them in this particular thread? You are closed minded and your opinions are the only ones that count. Tec and I would be wasting time typing our beliefs and thoughts on God to you. And maybe you aren't aware that we remember that we have previously discussed what our spiritual thoughts are and it would be pointless to type them all out over again. Be careful, you may just float away.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Face/palm...

Keep doing that, Zidd. You might slap yourself back down to the size of the rest of us mere mortals.

• ziddina
    ziddina

More ad hominem...

And of course, no reply to my questions about Buddhism and Hinduiism... Or about whether you've done much reading in the bible...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit