Beliefs Tied to Geography

by OnTheWayOut 87 Replies latest jw friends

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Just got home from a pretty wild saturday evening - what did I miss? Anybody stay home and post a bunch of "huunnnh -ummmm- mmmp, No She din't just say dat.. Girlfriend - doncha go dere!"

Well looky looky - I guess its on like donky - kong... some of you really know how to get down on the weekends.

Seriously though I stand by my earlier comments, mainly, that I want these many belief systems to continue on. Don't stop ... Believing!

Here's my profound reason for believing, I'm not ashamed either ... I have now seen Jesus with my own eyes. If this is the last thing I ever post here, you will know that Jesus took me straight to heaven or the devil took me straight to hell - either way I don't care, I'm now a true believer- Good afternoon, good eveing, and good night!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Zidd, on the ad hominem: you've said pretty sarcastic, patronizing things to those of us who do not share your disbelief. You've said them as if they make your side even more believeable because clearly you're so much more intelligent and studied that you need to keep slapping yourself on the head and asking, "Do I need to explain or say this again??" <.....that is a paraphrase. So you are thinking ( or maybe you aren't thinking at all) that if you come off this way it will make your arguments more believable. To tell you that your intellect is dizzying is not attacking your arguments. It's calling you out for trying to win your arguments by being patronizing and sarcastic and implying that we can't be right because we are so inferior in intellect standing next to your lofty self. In other words, fancying yourself as such a huge, scholarly intellect doesn't make your arguments more correct. I am including a link here about the over and incorrectly used term ad hominem.

http://plover.net/~bonds/adhominem.html

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Professor Zidd, I apologize if I missed some.

Face/palm...
    How many times do I have to explain -
    I'm not even going to waste my breath on this one...
    However, it is encouraging that humanity is apparently evolving past its need to appeal to a "sky-daddy"
    face/palm slap....
    I've explained it before; I'll explain it again...
    face/palm slap...!!!
    Really???
    Have you EVER studied - or even read something OTHER than...
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I am sorry y'all. Once my thread turned into the impossibility of proving the nonexistance of God, I just didn't want to stick with it.
    The point wasn't that all religions are wrong. I might think that, but the point was that your set of beliefs is hugely based on where you are born.
    That doesn't mean that atheism is correct. Many people were born into the atheist Soviet Union too. I could imagine some of our most devoted Christians being born in China or Iraq preaching their undying faith in Buddism or Islam.

OTWO, I did read your comment. I have to agree that with culture, you get varying ways of looking at God or gods. Just like you get varying cuisines, costume styles, architecture, government, languages, etc. Other than a few years of confusion inside the WT org, I've never felt it was important to God how people chose to look at him or reach him. I pictured him much more concerned about the kindness factor in people than the correctness factor. I wasn't raised to be a universalist nor did I hear the term as a small child. As far back as I can remember though, I recall thinking it illogical and heartless to teach that God picked one religion or faith over another. I just figured he basically cared about everyone equally and wasn't hung up on the particulars of what any one culture believed. I never believed there was a hell. Before I was 17, I never believed you had to get saved into one faith or else. My thinking on things wasn't widespread where I grew up in the south. I was different in the way I looked at God. I didn't think God cared if people were Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus or Native spiritualists. It was logical to me that God was bigger and wiser than that. It was logical to me that Love Wins. Basically I'm saying that religion can vary like cuisine and buildings vary. It's just different ways approaching the spiritual mysteries, growing and cooking plants and animals or designing buildings. And putting the observation about the exjw/atheist rates aside, outside of raised ins that is, I've noticed people either "feel something up there" or they don't. And that happens in all cultures. Also, feeling something up there or not falls in all types of people, including highly educated people and scientists.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Jeez, just n, what an @$$hole, literally (your lovely picture you posted), lol. You and Zidd might consider starting a JWN MENSA chapter. I hear that belonging to MENSA induces the release of endorphins. Zidd can slap some backs, including her own, instead of her own head. She keeps up that head slappin' and sooner or later she's going to give herself Parkinson's Disease and start sounding garbled in speech like Muhammad Ali.

• JRK
    JRK

I am from a different planet.

My mother through her strong convictions breeded a JW. It was only through a serendipitous number of revelations that woke me up.

I am now from that different planet, I could believe in a higher power if he would stick a knife in me and make me wake up. I really do not give a shit otherwise. Love me God, or go fuck yourself.

JK

• JRK
    JRK

I am from a different planet.

My mother through her strong convictions breeded a JW. It was only through a serendipitous number of revelations that woke me up.

I am now from that different planet, I could believe in a higher power if he would stick a knife in me and make me wake up. I really do not give a shit otherwise. Love me God, or go fuck yourself.

JK

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

This is true!....until those damn Witnesses come knocking to prove that the religion of your birth is wrong, "Love bombing"....lots of attention, and bang your a Witness, your family hates you because your a pushy fanatic and you don't visit them anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit