Ridiculous reasons that "this MUST be the truth"!!!

by stillstuckcruz 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

That this must be "the truth" because of the organized organization; we are all taught the same thing at the same time and work wholly in unison, such a Holy Spirit miracle.

Doesn't every religion have some cohesiveness? Just because they aren't given the exact same talk, on the exact same day, at the exact same time, doesn't mean they’re not unified; many denominations all over the earth have fundamental doctrines that share beliefs between all it's members, and they do it without totalitarian rule.

The only thing JW "unification" proves is the incredible control the WTBT$ and GB have. They remove the free will God gives and assign a strict regimen followers aren't allowed to question; cause nothin’ says loving unification like insistent self-centered mandatory submission.

• man oh man
    man oh man

everytime someone says "it must be the truth because" I just figure this proves the person is having doubts. Otherwise why keep trying to find something to prove it.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

@man oh man: Good point! And why do they have to keep repeating it to everyone too? Are they afraid if they don't you'll know they have doubts?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They claim to be the only group that is spiritually alive. Then, why do they rely so much on a group of men at the top for all their doctrinal beliefs? A spiritually strong person would rely on personal observations of the world around them, not some outdated book written nearly 2,000 years ago or on a bunch of pigs that claim to be inspired and then claim to not be inspired.

• harleybear
    harleybear

Heard this a lot..."this MUST be the truth...what else is there?" God forbid you try to find out "what else THERE IS"

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

1. Only we use God's name. 2. We don't believe in the trinity. 3. We are the only ones who go door-to-door. Numbers 1 & 2 are really important to my mom.

• freetosee
    freetosee

I had to laugh so hard when I saw this.. this girl is the best..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-ijRn6JORs&feature=related
    Heard this argument from jws and mormons.

• freetosee
    freetosee

"this MUST be the truth.. because only we have the FDS. It's all in the wt.

• freetosee
    freetosee

"this MUST be the truth... because only we get the new light!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit