Ridiculous reasons that "this MUST be the truth"!!!

by stillstuckcruz 18 Replies latest jw friends

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Ever since I began researching about mind control, the organization, etc....I've really been paying attention to the actions and comments of the members of the congregation. I've been noticing how so many people(usually the sisters) make up such ludicrous statements of how "this MUST be the truth"!

For instance, the other day a brother at our hall who is only his early 40's was admitted to the hospital because of a bad infection. It was so bad, he was offered only a 50/50 chance of survival after the surgery(he is recovering now). Keep in mind that this is one of the more "popular" brothers who has visited MANY MANY congregations in the area and know many of the brothers and sisters. Apparently, in the waiting room, there were dozens of the witnesses that he knew from the other congregations. It might have been around 40 or more of them in total. I noticed CONSTANT claims that "this is the only organization where so many people would care for one individual"...."Jehovah TRULY looks after His people!".

----->What bothered me was thinking about some of the more unknown or less "popular" brothers and sisters who were in the hospital at one point or another. Perhaps with even the same odds of survival. Sometimes only a few of the friends visited them. Perhaps even more "worldly" people visited them than did from "God's organization". But I don't recall any of the brothers and sisters making those statements at that time.

What other ludicrous statements of "this must be the truth!" did you notice?

• undercover
    undercover

One that kept me snoozing for far too long...

JWs don't get caught up in politics or war. I took it at face value, having been raised in it. Since JWs don't endorse any man-made government or politician over another; and since they refrained from any kind of war support, be it on the battlefield or behind the lines, it looked, to my naive self at the time, that this was an indication that they alone had the "truth".

When all else failed to stand up to scrutiny, I always fell back to that one. It took time to realize that is was logical fallacy.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Only ones who makes the name of God known. I always thought that was a good one, it's true isn't it?

Well, it seems to me that all it's done is make the name of Jesus less known. He only ever called God 'Father'. By diminishing Jesus they've managed to insert themselves (the GB) into the place that Jesus was pushed out of. And the Organisation belongs to Jehovah. Anyone going against 'his' organisation is going against him!

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Its incredible what you go back to when theres no other defence. Can't refute 607 or flip flops? Well "WHO ELSE PREACHES AROUND THE WORLD????" I think that was the most common fallback. Other fallbacks were

-nor war

-no pagan holidays or celebrations

-"love" in the congregation". (HAHA!)

*** w76 4/1 p. 216 par. 9 True Worship—A Successful Way of Life ***
    9 In contrast, the Bible’s record of the confident, purposeful lives of God’s servants in the past, as well as the lives of those who practice the truth today, proves that true worship is the only really successful way of life. Obedience to God’s commandments has always set true worshipers apart from their contemporaries. As we considered in the previous article, ancient Israel stood out as superior in its time, so long as it stuck faithfully to “the framework of the knowledge and of the truth in the Law” given through Moses.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

I also noticed that any new development indicated "truthfulness"

New arrangement for the bkstudy=God is making things easier....end must be near!

Public and private WT's and Awakes= God is simplifying the work....end must be near!(same for the simplified versions)

30 hour requirement for aux pioneering= Same as above

Changed teaching(toes on statue)= light advancing....must be the truth!

• Ding
    Ding

1. Because they go door to door (so do Mormons and other groups).

2. Because the GB humbly admit when they are wrong (they don't!)

3. The GB's "adjustments" prove that "the light is getting brighter and brighter." (It proves that the GB is demonstrably wrong a lot of the time)

4. Because of what they DON'T believe in (no birthdays, no holidays, no military, no Trinity, no hell, etc.)

5. Because they use the name "Jehovah."

6. Because they preach the "good news" (a legalistic gospel that leaves so many JWs feeling exhausted and unworthy).

7. Because all the other religions are allegedly worse by comparison (how do they know this?).

8. Because the WTS is God's historic organization (CT Russell didn't join any existing organization; he started his own)

9. Because JWs have nowhere else to go (so the WTS has convinced them).

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well I've heard, "it has to be the truth," many times in my life as a JW. My answer was always the same? WHY? It was usually people talking out loud at something frustrating in their life, but I always thought it was odd to be put that way. As if God himself was a falacy as a result of this religion collapsing

• 00DAD
    00DAD

This must be the Truth because of the love we all have for one another, unless of course you disagree with ANYTHING published by the WTBTS (although it's OK for THEM to change THEIR teachings because that's "New Light TM " doncha' know), or make a serious mistake or decide that life is worth living and ... you get the idea!

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

This must be the truth because the Governing Body says it is. Circular reasoning! If I said that I was the truth and was appointed by God, I would be branded an apostate, but its ok for them to say it.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Because it is worldwide and the message is spread in 200+ nations and languages.

McDonalds is worldwide with burgers in 200+ nations and languages.

Amazing how holy spirit works!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit