3/15 WT- " Forget the Good Times you had Prior to being JW - Can't .........

by flipper 66 Replies latest jw friends

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Great thread Flipper. Totally agree with all the comments!

Outlaw, Hahahahaha I left my brain rotting in that coatroom for almost 60 years. I'm doing my best to remve the cruddy build up.BTW, do you think that dizzy chick gave me back the right one?????

• 00DAD
    00DAD

3rdgen: do you think that dizzy chick gave me back the right one?????

Doesn't matter. Either way, it was hardly ever used and is almost as good as new!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think the WT society are losing their $hit. Losing their control over many JW's. So desperate times demand desperate measures in being even MORe controlling !

OH OH! Look for future WT articles warning on the danger of independent thinking! [Check your brain here! -- Outlaw]

DOC

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

00Dad, You're not kiddin'. Thinking is giving me a headache.

• Mary
    Mary

"....Sad to say, some look back on sacrifices they made in the past and view them as missed opportunities. Perhaps you had opportunities for higher education , for prominence, or for financial security, but you decided not to pursue them. Many of our brothers and sisters have LEFT BEHIND lucrative positions in the fields of business, entertainment, education, or sports. Now time has passed , and the end has not yet arrived. Do you fantasize about what could have happened had you not made those sacrifices."

Oh dear. Is there trouble in paradise? Are the rank and file waking up from their stoopified state and realizing that they've been had? Are they looking at their parents' generation and thinking "mom and dad believed Armageddon was coming in their day and they believed it so much that they never paid into a pension, never owned a home and never got anything more beyond a Grade 10 education. I don't want to end up like them so screw what the Organization says, I'm buying a house and getting an education."

Since the Writing Department is notorious for coming out with bullshit articles that minimize the ever-growing problems within the Borg itself, this one really smacks of desperation. You've got brothers and sisters in their 50s or 60s who specifically did not go to university because they were promised that there was no need for it and that there were only a few years left in this System before all our problems would be solved with a sprinkling of pixie-dust. These people are now facing retirement, they've got nothing saved, work at dead-end jobs (assuming they even have a job), and guess what? Armageddon's no closer now than what it was 40 years ago. And people are getting angry that they gave up a chance for a decent life, because a billion dollar book publishing company in New York told them to.

Do these bozos really think that people aren't going to look back and regret the decisions they made? My father's pension is half of what it should have been, because he was specifically told by his local gestapo, not to pay into his company pension plan because "Armageddon will be here loooong before you retire!" That was in 1950. Anyone think he doesn't regret the fact that he only started paying into after 1975??

Several years ago, the District Overseer (that smug, self-righteous jackass, Ernest Pandachuk) was giving a talk at the assembly when he said "Brothers; if you knew 40 years ago that Armageddon wouldn't be here by now, would you do things differently? Well you shouldn't feel that way brothers!" My father was furious and said after that that's the closest he's ever come to getting up, walking out and never going back. During the lunch break, he and some of his contemporaries got together and started talking about it. They were all pissed off and one of them said "What's he trying to do? Drive us out of the truth? Of course we'd do things differently!"

And if the morons at Crooklyn are reading this, here's a little tidbit for you: The grumblings and complaining you hear now from the rank and file, is only going to get worse. I hope you're prepared for lawsuits and god knows what else, from the next generation of Witnesses that you plan on screwing over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGTmnahKD7Y

• tornapart
    tornapart

The 'Children' book came out in the 40's that practically told them they shouldn't even marry! Because the 'end' was too close.... I think most JWs know by now that taking any notice of this kind of thing is stupid... perhaps more are 'waking up' gradually. I wonder how many actually believe that Armageddon is 'just round the corner'?

• metatron
    metatron

And one more thing you people haven't mentioned about recent Watchtower lies:

What about Witness perception of present events? Not long term memories?

Look, you dumb Watchtower apologists reading this ! There are many Witnesses who will not admit to seeking a college degree, the operative phrase is " I just attend a few classes" and know about classmates. And there are still a few who know what's going on in their extended families, at least via Facebook. Or they know about 'worldly associates' (you're not allowed to call them friends) and their lives.

So, Watchtower, when you lie to them about how wonderful and happy Witness life is, compared to these, you are signaling these Witnesses that YOU CANNOT BE TRUSTED. It isn't always a matter of long distant memories.

Don't worry about the strident braying of these asses. It will not end well for them

metatron

• nugget
    nugget

It has to be said that if you are happy in life you do not look back at the past wishing you had done things differently or feel regret. This nostalgia takes place when you are dissatisfied and unhappy.

This article seems to be stating that witnesses in general are miserable with their lot and as such may have feelings of regret and dissatisfaction about the choices they made. They could have pointed out to their readers how much more satisfying their lives are now and fulfilling and that nothing the world offers can compare. The fact that they haven't is very telling since they are acknowledging that they have not made lives better just harder. Because they cannot hold up what they offer as a shinning light they are instead trashing past lives, ambitions and achievements and calling them garbage to make them appear worthless in comparison.

Telling people living on the breadline, doing menial work because they sacrificed everything to the society to be happy that they haven't made the most of their opportunities is an insult. The society had the opportunity to influence people for the better and to encourage people to use their talents constructively and yet they squander their people daily. Happiness comes from inner contentment and cannot be commanded.

• cantleave
    cantleave

This Article is so true. I was born in the cult. I will never look back fondly - it was all BS! I look forward to what is to come, free of the mind controlling shitfest!

• metatron
    metatron

nugget, I think you're on to something. Perhaps their endless cheerleading is failing to elicit the obedient response they lust for.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit