3/15 WT- " Forget the Good Times you had Prior to being JW - Can't .........

by flipper 66 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

.......... trust your mind ! " Yes, they actually said this in a WT study article entitled, " Do Not Look at the Things Behind " . I swear the WT society writers and leaders are getting even MORE controlling and manipulative ! AS most of us here know most mind control cults try to diss or make members forget or put down any past they had before joining the cult. They tell members that NOTHING they did was valuable before becoming a Jehovah's Witness, Mormon, or Scientologist. The WT society is no different in this article in influencing JW's to think that way as well - as you will see. I'll share the most mind altering statements here.

On pg. 25 in this article paragraph 3 & 4 talks about how " selfish " Jesus considered one man to be who wanted to be his disciple but first return to his home to say goodbye to relatives. The article said, " that he ( Jesus ) knew that the man's request was merely an excuse to evade resonsibility. " Maybe the man just wanted to say goodbye to his family ? The article continued, " Either way he ( the man ) is distracted from what he should be doing, and his work may be affected negatively . Rather than turning our attention on the past , we must keep our eyes focused clearly on what is ahead. "

Then comes a doozy in paragraph 6. It states, " One distinct danger is a DISTORTED VIEW of the good old days. Our memory is NOT ALWAYS RELIABLE. We may unwittingly minimize the problems we had in the past and at the same time EXAGGERATE THE JOYS , making it SEEM that things were a lot better than they really were. This DISTORTED recollection can cause us to long for the good old days. " Translation : If you had happy, good times before becoming a JW don't dwell on it , you were really out of your mind and distorting everything you thought as a " worldly " unbeliever. In my opinion the only thing DISTORTED here are the WT clowns who write this information.

In paragraph 10 WT society attacks your pre-Witness days again ! They state, " When faced with difficulties and problems, let us not fixate on what MAY APPEAR to have been POSITIVE things in the past - perhaps even before we came to a knowledge of the truth. Although it is not wrong to meditate on the lessons we have learned from past experiences or SAVOR CHERISHED MEMORIES , we need to maintain a balanced, realistic view of the past. Otherwise, we could accentuate our dissatisfaction with our present circumstances and be tempted to return to our former life. " Translation : ANY experiences you may have had , even positive ones before becoming a JW - don't get too sentimental or attached to them because they WERE NOT REAL ! They were distorted , unrealistic and not balanced ! Even the positive ones ! We CANNOT learn anything from your pre-Witness days - you had NOTHING of value before you became a Jehovah's Witness ! In my opinion the only thing NOT of value is this distorted crappy WT society counsel telling JW's they were all idiots before becoming Witnesses ! Good lord.

Then comes the clincher in paragraph 11. The WT society personally attacks JW's view of earning a living, yet if you know of JW celebrities who donate millions to the WT society and are STILL approved associates - you'll see the hypocrisy in these statements. It states, " Sad to say, some look back on sacrifices they made in the past and view them as missed opportunities. Perhaps you had opportunities for higher education , for prominence, or for financial security, but you decided not to pursue them. Many of our brothers and sisters have LEFT BEHIND lucrative positions in the fields of business, entertainment, education, or sports. ( NO THEY HAVEN"T ! Think Prince, Serena & Venus Williams, Jackson family, etc. ) Now time has passed , and the end has not yet arrived. Do you fantasize about what could have happened had you not made those sacrifices ? ( Hell yes I fantasize about it ! I could be wealthy by now like the people I just mentioned who ARE JW's ! ) Translation : If you are a rank & file JW who doesn't donate a lot of $$$$ to the Kingdom interests you nEED to leave behind any fantasy's you had or aspirations of being wealthy or successful ! If you ARE already wealthy and successful and contributing your wealth to the WT society, it's O.K. though . Jehovah understands you are using your " worldly treasures " to promote Kingdom interests ( i.e. WT society interests ) .

Then they quote the apostle Paul claiming that worldly treasures he considered to be " refuse " or garbage. Then the WT states, " Just as a person who throws away garbage, or trash , ( in case you didn't know what garbage IS ) does not later bemoan his loss, Paul did not regret ANY of the secular opportunities that he had left behind. " I'm speechless. Translation : Any career that would have made you wealthy or comfortable financially is garbage, worthless. Throw it away and be happy you did- don't regret it.

O.K. So that's it. I hope you enjoyed this little WT study telling JW's they are insane for remembering positive pasts, should look at ANY wealth they have as garbage, and that their memnories are distorted and cannot be trusted. The control and deceptive manipulation of JW's in this article is astounding. As always I look forward to your takes, observations and comments on this what I consider to be " mentally abusive garbage ". Take care, have a great weekend ! Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper

• baltar447
    baltar447

They REALLY have jumped the shark lately!

This article smacks of desperation. They have lost control and thus are losing it. I only hope MANY people are waking up and smelling the BS!

• N.drew
    N.drew

That's not new stuff. It's reworked over and over. So I was offered one set of magazines since I left the org. I said "there's nothing new in there". No thanks!

Funny rendition though flipper! Did it really say "trust your mind"? Like OMG when will they say something new and refreshing?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Steven Hassan, in his book Releasing the Bonds, explained it this way, sharing his personal experience:

When the cult identity takes over, a person's past is redefined and often distorted. After Moon recruiters convinced me to divulge a few painful experiences in my childhood ..., the group magnified the negatives and minimized the positives of my past. My cult identity was taught to suppress good experiences and exaggerate painful ones. - (pps. 187 - 188) Emphasis added

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It's almost seems like the Writing Committee studies books like Steven Hassan's and uses them as instruction manuals on how to manipulate and control the minds of their followers!

Imagine two guys in Brooklyn having this conversation ...

GB1: Hey Joe, I was just reading this book by this Steven Hassan fellow ...

GB2: Yeah, what's it about?

GB1: It's all about manipulation and mind control.

GB2: Sounds interesting, but should you be reading that?

GB1: Absolutely! It seems we missed a few tricks here.

GB2: Really? Like what?

GB1: Check it out. Here on page ....

And as the next WT and/or Awake! goes to press the "refined" teachings of the WTBTS have found "New Light" regarding how to control their sheeples!

I'm just sayin' is all!

00DAD

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for the responses.

BALTAR 447 - Exactly Baltar. I think the WT society are losing their $hit. Losing their control over many JW's. So desperate times demand desperate measures in being even MORe controlling !

N. DREW- Essentially they said not to " trust their minds " when they said that JW's have , " distorted views of the past and their memories are not always reliable. " They are telling JW's they cannot trust their thinking.

00DAD- Thanks for sharing that quote from Steve Hassan's book. It definitely shows that JW's are a cult and the WT society tries controlling what members feel about their past lives. Really twisted

• shamus100
    shamus100

Mr. Flipper,

For goodness sakes, don't look back! >:O Remember the wife of lot!!!! If you look back who knows what kind of spice god will turn you into. Maybe paprika. ;P

• 00DAD
    00DAD

shamus100: If you look back who knows what kind of spice god will turn you into. Maybe paprika. ;P

Could be worse! My wife is Hungarian and uses paprika in almost all of her native dishes!

Who knows Shamus, we could be having you for dinner: Paprikás majom

• tornapart
    tornapart

Looks to me like they are realising there are some very unhappy JWs out there who are regretting the sacrifices they made (believing they were making those sacrifices for God).

• 00DAD
    00DAD

tornapart, With all due respect, you are completely wrong on this point. Jehovah's Witnesses are the Happiest People on Earth!

Do you know how I know? They tell us so!

The Watchtower claims Jehovah's Witnesses are the happiest people on earth. Although there are never any statistics provided to support such an outlandish claim it MUST BE TRUE because the WT says so!!!

Watchtower 1999 10/1 p. 8 par. 13
    Of course, the fact that Jehovahs servants "weep" over the sorry state of world affairs does not preclude their being happy. On the contrary! They are actually the happiest group of people on earth.

Watchtower 1999 10/1 pp.6-7
    Although Christians "weep" because of world conditions ... they are actually the happiest people in the world

Watchtower 1997 May 1 p.23
    The messengers of godly peace are the happiest people on earth today

Watchtower 1995 Jan 15 p.12 par. 7
    Our close relationship with Jehovah makes us the happiest people on earth.

Watchtower 1993 May 1 p.21 par. 24
    Such loving labors have made the slave class the happiest people on earth today, and they have made millions of other people happy too

Watchtower 1989 Mar 1 p.3
    In fact, as a group, they are the most privileged, the most successful, and by far the happiest group on earth today, as you will see in the next article.

Watchtower 1988 Mar 1 p.17
    Indeed, in every country, Jehovahs people are the best and the happiest!

Watchtower 1975 Feb 1 p.92 par. 21
    The happiest people on earth are Jehovahs people and they are chiefly among the poor as concerns the things that the world prizes highly

Watchtower 1971 Sep 15 p.564 par. 22
    All who seek a place in the redeemed society of mankind thereby come into association with the happiest people on earthJehovahs witnesses. These are the only people who know for a certainty where they are going.

Watchtower 1962 Sep 1 p.530 par. 22
    In the New World society of Jehovahs witnesses you find people from all walks of life, many of whom lack diplomas from mans centers of learning; yet these people know the Bible, they are teachers. They accept with eagerness the obligation of teaching others Gods Word. They do it year after year with the same love of God and appreciation for spiritual food as when they first tasted it. They are the happiest and most peaceful persons on earth.

Watchtower 1960 Feb 1 p.74 par. 17
    Now Jehovahs witnesses are blessed above all others because they are the happiest, most peaceful and contented people on earth

Kingdom Ministry Feb 2002 p.1 par. 1 The Happiest People on Earth
    "Happy is the people whose God is Jehovah!" (Ps. 144:15) Those words describe Jehovahs Witnesses as the happiest people on earth.

Kingdom Ministry Feb 1994 p.5 par. 16
    We are the happiest people on the face of the earth, knowing that on becoming approved we will receive the crown of life.Jas. 1:12.

Thanks to jwfacts.com for providing these happifying references!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit