I think a lot of older (maybe younger ones) JW's are going to attempt/commit suicide....(READ)

by Joliette 37 Replies latest jw friends

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

It is amazing.....the lessons that a witness DOESN'T learn over time. A friend of mine (well......more of a former friend since I don't go to the KH anymore) and I were talking one day. We got to discussing the poor plight of a certain man in our congregation that was now 75 years old and still cleaning floors for a living because he never saved for retirement. And he never saved any $ because he thought the "end" was coming decades ago. Then the conversation turned toward us today. I mentioned my 401k and my personal IRA. My friend looked dumbfounded. He couldn't believe I had TWO. I then asked him about his retirement fund and he smiled and said "the company contributes $ into it for me". I said "ok....but how much do they contribute?" He said "2 percent". I did the math with a retirement calculator and showed him that 2% compounded over the next 30 years simply won't be enough. He got a look of irritation on his face and said "the end is going to be here WAY before that!"

I wanted to choke him. Here we were lamenting the economic disaster that faced this 75 year old man because he didn't plan for retirement. This man's FAITH prevented him from planning for his future. yet....my friend was making the EXACT SAME MISTAKE!

I told him "But that's the same reasoning so and so had....and NOW look at him!"

All my friend said in return was "yeah but that was a long time ago. We are SO much closer to the end now"

Sad. It really is

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Suicide.. my favotite topic has anyone seen the movie? 'How to die in Oregon' .. elderly are a great risk, my dad tells of my uncle who after his wife died and went blind... went in to his trailer and ended his life with a 44 caliber bullet

My dad say's he has a plan similar if he felt, circumstances were bleak enough.. I hope he doesn't... that being said, once it becomes enevitable, a grave out come is only possible, I believe you have the right to end your own suffering on your own terms.. nonviolently... with family present .. atleast they got to say good-bye..

as to the witlesses.. I have had similar 'fears'..... all cult's end badly.... speaking for myself I've had suicidal thought's, hold On! I'm not going to do it......I just hate that, that thought just pops in someimes as despair creeps in.. I'm the happiest depressed person I know.. my name is Tate it means the 'cheerful one' ...look it up... I've away's tried to live up to my name..LOL

I'm concerned to because after I finally learned the truth about the 'Truth'.. which was recently... I' was relieved that I finally knew!!!! I was out alone for 23 years believing the end was near.. I didn't care If i made it I JUST WANTED TOO SEE IT... it was killing me .. I rejoice in the fact that I never went back to meetings and resisted every temptation to do so.. I really believe the longer you are in the greater the damage.. therefore a greater risk of drastic action.... My awareness grew recently because 1914 was the everything to me.. as far as them... I'm really once it's debunked they got nada!!

tate the skate try not ot HATE..oops doesnt mean the bold accident.. don't know how to undo .. I'm new..

• Joliette
    Joliette

@ Steve2: Rumor has it that he killed himself because he had a lot of health issues and fananicial problems. For some reason it made me think about Jehovah's Witnesses, especially the elderly witnesses. How the majority of them have been in this organization for over twenty plus years and the end hasnt come yet. For freakin sakes were in 2012? Doesnt that wake a lot of people up? Yeah I know he was never a j-dub but it just made me think.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Thank you all for you comments....very true and sad statements.

Well, me, I'm not waiting on some impending diaster to make everything better. I'm gonna live my life!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

and I think the more that they start to realize this, they get older, and there gonna start hating the reality that they have to face.

I have to disagree with that conclusion. What I see is that The Society makes sure that they never have to face it by moving the end, tantalizingly, just a little more ahead.

We have seen the generation change, the abandonment of the 1935 date for completion of calling the anointed, and now the statement that all Memorial partakers are not genuine anointed - so every awkward fact is given an answer, if you accept the answer.

The old dubs that I know do not fade away, their faith gets stronger. No more hoping to live forever, they trust in a resurrection.

They cannot afford to face reality. Their life would be proven to have been in vain,, so they keep believing every lame pathetic excuse from WTS. Is that dissonance?

I agree that it is the young who will walk, however.

BTW The footballer mentioned above was Peter Knowles of Wolverhampton Wanderers. The last I heard he was still an active dub.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Oops, you're right BluesBrother. Peter was Cyrils' brother.

• exjehovah
    exjehovah

I can understand where the OP is coming from. I have been really busy with work this last week, so I am playing "catch up" on the forum.

I have always had this feeling that at some point the JW religion and their Armageddon prophecy was going to force the organization to do something drastic. I have surmized that they would try to get a sector of them to live on a certain plot of land and get "ready for it" like Noah and the Arc. I also see them doing something even more drastic or even a small segment creating a suicide pact or mission within. I can definitely see it happening. I foresee a huge falling off in the next decade.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

The Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses ARE an apocalyptic society read apocalyptic cult.

Suicide is sometimes expressed as homicide/suicide,I really do not get it ... how anybody born a JW (me from the 1950's) can still support it.

They aways drilled and grilled us on the king of the north jazz with us giving the final showdown warning message of actually going door to door and TELLING THE GOATS TO THEIR FACES THEY WERE GOING TO DIE.Whenever I would get queasy and not want to go out in service as a kid my Elder dad would remind me that we would have to give the warning message so toughen up.

That is a total homicidal apocalyptic cult to the core no wonder we are all F**ked up.So my point is, one or more witnesses in 2012 could decide to f**k it all and go up to a do-not-call or apostate house to pick a fight,get assaulted and go out in a martyred blaze of glory.

Kool aid like jonestown it scares me as I got lots of family still in

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit