i am a regular pioneer in my cong reading crisis of conscience.here goes...

by MsGrowingGirl20 206 Replies latest jw friends

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

reading in search of christian freedom now...i thought that i'd get some feedback from one of the learned MS as to the 'new light' and 'wrong dates' last night....was surprised to note that he had no idea about the diff dates although being in org over 15 years

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

ISOCF is a wonderful book too. The logic is so simple yet so brilliant.

In regard to the MS having no idea about the different dates.....don't be surprised. Most witnesses and I stress MOST.....are completely in the dark. Many believe what they are told to believe without knowing why. Others "know" that Christ took kingdom power in 1914 and 1919 was the year that Christ inspected and selected the Witnesses as his Faithful Slave.....but they can't explain or prove anything. The society does not care if you tow the line with a deep understanding of their past or with no understanding whatsoever as long as you tow the line.

When I first started doing my research I had no idea about 1925 or Beth Sarim. NO clue!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

MsGrowingGirl20: There is a very good possibility that (eventually) someone is going to ask you WHY you're reading old publications. When they do so, you can point them to the WT quote, below, as your reason. This way, when they disagree with you, they'll actually be disagreeing with the Faithful and Discreet Slave, who printed this magazine article.

“Their zeal for knowledge may even prompt them to dig back into things that
    were published long before they came into the truth, expanding and deepening
    their understanding, and ever growing in Christian maturity. . . . Have you really
    studied these earlier publications? . . . If you are a newer one in the
    congregation, have you studied just one of the Society’s publications. . . . How
    can all these people get the things they have missed? Only by studying earlier
    publications and digging back through previous issues of The Watchtower kept in
    the library at your local Kingdom Hall. There is much in the way of spiritual riches
    and aids toward mature knowledge in these earlier publications, and their study
    is most certainly worth your time.
    By checking back through the Society’s earlier
    publications you will learn where to find the answers to questions that arise, and
    you will rejoice to see your understanding continue to grow.” (The Watchtower,
    May 15, 1957, pp. 311-317)

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Wow, I am impressed that this thread continues. Best wishes and enjoy the journey, MsGrowing.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Hey! Be careful! Don't mention anything about your doubts to elders/MS or people in the congregation. This could get you into a JC hearing within days.

Keep a low profile. Apply for an education far away from where you live. Move away, and try to fade (become inactive) before you move.

• TardNFeatheredJW
    TardNFeatheredJW

Hi. Welcome to the board, I don't post much. About me: In as a child around 1972 or so, 4 or 5 years old. My mother is devout and quit her position as a registered nurse so she could regular pioneer. She is now in her late 70s, still pioneering. My father is non-jw. I have 2 sisters in, who were both pioneers on and off, and their husbands are elders. They have chosen to wait until the new system for children. One is 50, one is 45. I am 43. I never could grasp the concept of god, and although I tried very hard to be a good jw, including being baptised at 14, pioneering, etc, I was considered weak in the faith, especially when I went to college to pursue a worldly education. I spent most of my free time in field service, studying, preparing talks (I liked doing the talks), or preparing for meetings. I was married as a jw, working towards becoming an MS, when suddenly I realized this just didn't feel right. I was having a tough time in service trying to sell something that wasn't real enough to me. I was unhappy with the constant rush-rush-rush. I couldn't see why my study had to cut his long hair or shave. I couldn't explain to him why his hair mattered. I was very involved with many senior brothers and exposed to some behind the scenes politics, and other brothers would confide in me that they are having this problem or that problem, doubts, etc. I saw some very righteous brothers take advantage of others in business.

One morning I gave it up. That's it about me... Just a little general background that I've never shared on here, but might be necessary knowledge in order to understand my answers below.

i've noticed that alot of the comments have nothing to do with God.....

True.

Have u became bitter?

I've been told I'm bitter, I consider myself skeptical of religion. I was already skeptical before leaving the JWs, so CoC and the other xJW information has nothing to do with that. I didn't get much xJW info at the time I faded, as the internet was a gleem in the eye of congress at the time.

do u all still believe in God? How do u worship Him if at all?

I do not. That is my own personal decision and holds no bearing on how I view others. My wife is a christian, good for her. If god exists, I worship him by following the golden rule and showing kindness towards others, regardless of faith.

Have u found Jehovah's true followers if not witnesses?

This calls the assumption that Jehovah does indeed have a select, elite class. If god exists, I fail to believe he has so much hatred for man that he supposedly created, that he would make it difficult enough to worship him that it would exclude the majority of humans. The whole theme seems preposterous to me.

Do u feel at peace with God?

Yes. I immediately took on a new personality upon stopping attending the meetings. I awoke one day, realized "I don't have to do this anymore" and I completely stopped attending. I suffered from anxiety and depression and was extremely hot-headed. Once I stopped subjecting myself to the unbelievable workload of being a 'model' witness, I quickly found myself enjoying life and became much happier, in general. So, if god exists, then, yes, I am at peace with him. Most importantly, if god exists or not, I am at peace with myself. It is good.

Are u happy?

Much happier than I ever was as an active JW. I do miss my jw-family at times.

Do u have any doubt that u made the right decision?

No doubts at all. I know my decision was absolutely the right one- for me. Your decision depends on you.

If this is not the truth then why are some of u still 'fading'?

I faded because I didn't want to lose contact with my siblings and mother. I figured if I simply stopped going quietly and never spoke against the WTS I would avoid being shunned. Also, my wife(at the time) had younger siblings with whom we wished to maintain contact. The younger siblings are now adults, and none are JW. I still have contact with them. My own siblings are still JW, and they cut off contact with me within weeks of me no longer attending meetings. I have seen them occasionally under important situations over the past 20 years, but they really have nothing to do with me. I had an excellent relationship with my mother until the 7/15/2011 WT study article made it clear that she should not speak to me anymore because she suspects I became 'apostate'. So, after 20 years of quietly fading, my JW family I wished to hold close have nothing to do with me. The only reason I don't DA myself at this point is because I don't care anymore. The WTS holds no authority over me. The only emotion I have for the organization is animosity due to their endorsement of shunning all ex-active-jw as mentally diseased. There is bitterness there, I must say.

why condone untruth?

Being passive does not equate 'condone'. This is not a moral issue to me. There is no black and white, I'm no longer a member as they haven't provided me a KM in 20 years, nor have I submitted a field service report in 20 years. There was an attempt to DF me about 11 years ago, but it was dropped.

Would God be happy if this isn't the truth and yet u still atempt to condone and fade?

If god exists and is anything like the new testament 'god', then he can read hearts. God never stipulated membership of an organization or shunning of a person. He stipulated behavior, and that came down to one thing: Loving your neighbor as yourself. Once you see the bible and the world without the filter of the Watchtower Publications, you will understand that clearly.

I hope this helps.

• TardNFeatheredJW
    TardNFeatheredJW

One more thing- Unlike being baptised, increasing your hours in field service, attending meetings, and increasing your personal study, there is no urgency in your endeavors to find the truth on the 'truth'. No one is timing you, expecting you to 'mature', no one is going to demand you take a stand one way or another (no one in xjw land, anyway).

You set your schedule. Be ready to change it constantly. Set your limits, treat yourself and others right.

I remember giving a closing prayer at a meeting right before I quit... Your earlier comment on having to do a demonstration brought that memory back. It also reminded me of the 'shepherding' call I had a couple weeks after quitting. "We don't understand. You are doing so well, we were grooming you to become an MS." Yeah... no thanks.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer. If you are on facebook, I'm

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000198490400&ref=tn_tnmn

• mind blown
    mind blown

@TNFJW FB?

Girl20, it's not a good idea at this point to leave yourself openly exposed on Facebook. Many have had serious back lash from being open about their identity at this point.

• TardNFeatheredJW
    TardNFeatheredJW

Yeah, FB. I toss it out there if someone wants to 'friend up'. I'm not asking anyone to reveal their identity. I have many many many xjw on my (hidden) friends list. I suggest a fake profile be made if you wish to get to know xjws on FB. There's many groups on FB, some are quite supportive.

For me personally, I don't care who knows I'm on FB. My so-called apostasy is no secret.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Congratulation on deciding to read that book. And congratulations on coming in contact with the Ex - JW subculture which we belong to.

We pretty much all read that book. After you read that book, and the follow up In Search Of Christian Freedom, you should move on to a few others which focus on specifc things within the message of the Ray Franz books.

You should read The Gentile Times Reconsidered, which was written by a former Swedish elder Carl Olof Jonsson. It focuses on the impossibility of the destruction of Jerusalem being in 607bc which connects to the 1914 date. I remember that half way through the book, Carl had already presented so much overwhelming evidence of the date being impossible that i ended up not reading the rest.

I'm currently reading Apocalypse Delayed, which is really a detailed story of the history of JWs and how the different beliefs developed. Truly amazing. Happy reading.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit