Bizarre statement in April 2012 Awake

by dozy 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

@ nrfg Pretty good.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Isn't there some law against quoting phantoms? "well-known Mexican writer" my ass...

Who has the cojones to send this as a Question from Readers - ahem... "Dear Brothers: Please assist me in locating and possibly interviewing the well-known Mexican writer quoted in the April 2012 Awake? Based on his ringing endorsement, I need to get me that there book you're toutin immediately - please send 500 copies"...yada yada.

Then at the back of the June Awake, we can expect to hear about Heraldo's (not his real name) exciting experience of delivering over 500 books based on the "well-known Mexican writer"'s ringing endorsement blah blah blah.

• JRK
    JRK

MJNM,

His name is "Andre."

JK

• 2tone
    2tone

ok sorry about my comments about mexico and mexicans. After all I might have to start mowing my lawn and that would suck. Then who make make fast food and take all those jobs that people say mexicans take because nobody wants them. Society would collapse for sure. Wait did you know that when a mexican crosses into the U.S. they are in the negative for taxes for the first 50 years they are here. So its mexico and mexicans that should thank me and everyone else that pays taxes for you to give you a better life.

• blondie
    blondie

The Mankind's Search For God book was never studied in the book study setting; a check of the book study schedule in the KMs proves that. I kept asking when we would be studying it for ten years and was told it was meant only for research/reference. Initially, it was offered door to door and jws studied with non-jws from it.

*** dx86-09 Congregation Book Study ***

publication to be studied:

Bible

Blood

Close

Creation

Creator

Daniel’s

Does

Family

Family

God’s

Greatest

Happiness

How

Isaiah’s

Isaiah’s

Jehovah’s

Keep

Knowledge

Look!

Purpose

Require

Revelation

Trinity

True

United

Worldwide

Worship

God book: km 8/03 7; km 9/03 7
    Security book: km 4/87 4
    inWorship book: km 7/87 3
    Peace book: km 7/86 4
    brochure: km 4/90 7
    Climax book: km 7/06 3; km 11/06 1, 7; km 6/94 3; km 10/94 7; km 12/94 3-4; km 1/91 7; km 4/89 8
    brochure: km 5/98 7; km 8/98 7
    ofLife brochure: km 8/98 7
    brochure: km 1/87 7
    book: km 4/96 2; km 12/95 7
    ontheWatch! brochure: km 4/05 6; km 11/04 3
    Day book: km 1/08 7; km 7/08 1, 3
    ProphecyII: km 7/02 3; km 8/02 7
    ProphecyI: km 5/01 7; km 6/01 7; km 7/01 1
    CanBloodSaveYourLife?: km 1/91 7
    book: km 3/94 3; km 4/94 7
    Man book: km 2/99 3; km 3/97 7; km 6/96 7; km 8/92 7; km 9/92 1
    Word book: km 1/98 7; km 8/90 7
    Life book: km 9/93 3
    Happiness book: km 7/97 3
    GodCare brochure: km 8/98 7
    Prophecy book: km 5/05 7; km 12/04 7; km 2/00 7; km 3/00 6, 8
    book: km 1/01 3; km 10/00 7
    book: km 7/88 3
    toJehovah book: km 2/04 6; km 12/03 7
    booklet: km 2/88 8
    Teach book: km 2/06 6; km 10/05 7
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

2tone, take that argument elsewhere.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Oh the Mankind's Search book? Somehow I read Greatest Man book.

I guess they were both slightly better than average as far as JW books go, but still pretty poor. Nowhere near as good as any number of other books summarising world religions or the life of Jesus.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Think Mexicans in the US are like Eastern Europeans to the UK. All they want is to get out of the poverty trap that they are in. Wouldn't we all if we were there? Rich countries exploit poorer countries. People all over the globe are the same, they all want the same thing, no one is different. Many of these people from these poor countries work harder and take up jobs we hate doing ourselves. It doesn't make them worse people than we are.

• 2tone
    2tone

I never said they were worse people.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Maybe not 2tone.. but you did imply it.. there are good and bad people in all races and cultures. But you have to feel compassion for people worse off than you are. Truly. I mean no offense to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit