where would we be without it.

by bigmac 15 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmac
    bigmac

i was just reading on another thread--and came across the idea that the WT soc is dying. oh--i wish--but lets be realistic--not very likely.

then the thought occurrs--if the WT soc DID collapse--died--just became part of history----

WHERE WOULD WE BE WITHOUT IT ?? many of us spend a lot of time on here because of it. what would we do? where would we go?

what would fill the void in our lives?

frightening ROFL

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

you would definetly have a boost in Christmas sales... think about it. 7-10 million people that never got to celebrate Xmas suddenly going black friday shopping this december.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

where would we go?

Does it seem ironic to anyone else that this question would be raised regarding if the WTS collapsed?

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

DOC

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

DOC, my thought too Tee Hee, I was going to say "but isn't it " whom should we go away to" ?"

It would certainly free us up to wreak some havoc elsewhere on the Net, I wonder what target most of us would choose ? Other religions ? The buffoons who run our respective countries ?

I would hope this site remained a little after the WT had gone, just so the newly freed Dubs could read all the old threads and think "Damn, if only I had trawled the Net years ago...."

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Since most of these people were predisposed to following a stupid cult, they will find another.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    Since most of these people were predisposed to following a stupid cult, they will find another.

very, very true.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Well, if the WT were to fall, there would be 7 million (maybe not that many, since many inside no longer believe) totally lost and disillusioned people. I think about this a lot actually.

I remember how lost, confused, angry, frustrated (I could go on and on, it was a real trip of emotions), and how surreal EVERYTHING was when I woke up to the reality of the WT. I am SO grateful for everyone who was here to help soften that blow. There are quite a few boards, youtubers, and others who have been so helpful in making the transistion out of group think, into the real world.

Do I think it likely the WT will fall in my lifetime? Probably not, but then again, you never know. I just know I would like to be around to soften the blow, to help catch some, to prevent a major fall etc. Unlike the WT who says....you made your bed you lie in it you damn dirty apostate....many of us will be here with open arms. Not saying "haha I told you" but instead "oh do we understand, it WILL be ok, let's start deprogramming"

"where would we go" WOULD be on an active JWs mind. I also would totally want to prevent them from losing one type of kool-aid, and jumping into another type of kool-aid, because they needed someplace, anyplace "to go". What do you do, when your whole life is planned out for you, you are told what to think, wear, how to think, have sex, how to do and say everything....then nothing. We can see what happens to animals who are raised in cages, and then suddenly released into the wild, they don't fare well.

I also think, there would be splinter groups, some who would branch off and form new religions, just as the Bible Students did when dear sweet (gag) Rutherford took over.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

If you saw Surrogates, it would be like the scene at the end.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

They've got too much money and properties spread out across the world to fail. If somehow the legal entities (WT Society of Pennsylvania/New York) were to collapse or be dissolved, they'd be running it out of another country like Canada. Knowing how they think of the "Great Tribulation", the WTS probably already has plans somewhere for such a move. For an organization whose doctrine clearly states they are at one point to becoming banned by governments, you have to give them a little credit for having contingencies. Even should a few governments ban them, there will always be an overseas tax shelter that they could operate out of. They'd have armies of Witness volunteers just smuggling magazines in their pants to the banned countries.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I would be making up for the almost quarter of a century that my mom has shunned me by helping deprogram from the cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit