Circuit Assembly Confronting Apostate Challenge

by watson 63 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Is it possible for a (pedophile) sexual predator to be repentant? Sorry I did it. I will never do it again. Isn't that the reason why they are put in prison, to take them out of circulation, to protect the population at large, especially the children. ... Vidqun

As you said, Vidqun....

Pedophiles often ARE "truly sorry" for what they've done; the problem is, it is an overwhelming compulsion and a real mental sickness that they CANNOT overcome by themselves...

[And you can read, "being prayed over by the elders and lots of personal prayer and soul-searching" as attempts to overcome it BY THEMSELVES - well, by janitors and window-washers - while we're at it... ]

They need professional help, and to protect children, they need to be LOCKED UP away from potential victims..

At this point in time, it's a poorly-understood mental/emotional illness... Which needs a GREAT DEAL MORE RESEARCH in order to find REAL solutions to this terrible problem.

It sure as he11 isn't going to be resolved or 'cured' by followers of a publishing company who are worshipping a Bronze-Age Middle-Eastern nomadic male volcano "god"...

Zid

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Zid, my dragon friend,

Perhaps you would prefer a Stone-age Pacific Island dwelling female volcano goddess?

"A sea! a sea!
    Forth bursts the sea,
    Bursts forth over Kanaloa (Kaho-
    olawe),
    The sea rises to the hills. . . ."
    "Thrice" (according to the chant) the sea floods the land, then recedes. These floodings are called The sea of Ka-hina-li-
    i.

Pele - Goddess of Fire

• ziddina
    ziddina

Sh*t, yeah!!!!

I suspect that "SHE" would be a bit more equipotential towards the various genders... And less likely to demand that "wimmin" be treated as second-class citizens...

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I thought you might like that, Ziddina!

I think she's pretty HOT myself ... and yes, pun intended!!!!

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

In his Keynote Address about Armageddon, he was trying to show us how Jah's "cleansing" of the eart was necessary. So, he used the example that if your house full of ants, or cock roaches..or, or, if what about snakes.....would you just leave them alone? Wouldn't you want to have them completely out of your house??

Such make-me-illustrations just make every person outside of the borganization into undifferentiated parts of one giant abstraction that serves as the painted backdrop of their religious fantasy. I wish that they would keep it a little more real. "The guy who delivers your mail? He's gonna get whacked. All the people that live on your street? On your block? TOAST! Your coworkers? They'll all be lying dead in ditches after Armageddon, baby. All the people that work to build the roads you travel on, produce the TV shows you watch, harvest the food that you eat, run the government that sorta holds thing together, our grand Creator is going to KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM as part of the glorious fulfillment of His purposes friends!"

• ziddina
    ziddina

GOOOOOOD points, fresh prince of ohio!!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I Dont get it.... Are they gonna start protecting known but not publicly known apostates? Are apostates going to be kept on a database and protected by Jw rules? Are apostates going to be quietly shuffled off to support another kingdom hall? Can apostates only be punished if seen by more than one witness laughing at Outlaws posts?

Comparing us to paedophiles will just confuse elders....

• watson
    watson
    Comparing us to paedophiles will just confuse elders....

LOL, easy to do.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

You're a good person Watson

• zeb
    zeb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit