Circuit Assembly Confronting Apostate Challenge

by watson 63 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

FLIPPER:THanks for sharing. Sounds like the WT society is getting really nervous about even sharing THEIR OWN information on the Internet ! Perhaps they are realizing how twisted everything they teach sounds so they want to conceal their strangeness from public access ? Really interesting.

Flipper, they are afraid that 25 years from now someone will be quoting their publications or playing the recording of convention talks stating HOW CLOSE!!!! VERY VERY CLOSE the END really is and how teenagers should shun the evils of higher education since they will NEVER finish school. OOPS!!! WE NEVER SAID THAT!

Deja vu all over again.

DOC

• wannabefree
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

‘’In his Keynote Address about Armageddon, he was trying to show us how Jah's "cleansing" of the earth was necessary. So, he used the example that if your house full of ants, or cock roaches, or, or, if what about snakes.....would you just leave them alone? Wouldn't you want to have them completely out of your house?? Equating any kind of human being to this vermin makes me vomit. It's this type of teaching that gives JWs that charming arrogance that we all love so much. I felt like asking "what if they were puppies?", or "what if your house was full of babies.." Obviously i was becoming delirious.’’

I’m not sure what logical fallacy this is, perhaps someone can identify it better than me.

If the Earth = the house and ants get in. The ants came from outside the house. Who is coming from outside the Earth?

If someone is in the house and must be removed then who’s fault is it they’re there in the first place? After all if this was Earth they can’t come from anywhere else. (Just for the sake of argument) If God put man on the Earth then isn’t it God’s fault they’re there?

• blondie
    blondie

*** w05 12/1 p. 6 Armageddon—A Happy Beginning ***Many wonder, however, why a God who is the very embodiment of love would inflict death and destruction on much of humankind. The situation might be compared to that of a pest-infested house. Would you not agree that a conscientious homeowner should safeguard the health and well-being of his family by exterminating the pests?

Similarly, it is because of Jehovah’s deep affection for humans that the battle of Armageddon has to be fought. God’s purpose is to make the earth a paradise and to elevate mankind to perfection and peace, with “no one making them tremble.” (Micah 4:3, 4; Revelation 21:4) What, then, is to be done with those who threaten the peace and security of their fellow humans? God must eliminate such “pests”—the incorrigibly wicked—for the sake of the righteous ones.—2 Thessalonians 1:8, 9; Revelation 21:8.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

w05 12/1 p. 6 Armageddon—A Happy Beginning - it is because of Jehovah’s deep affection for humans that ... God must eliminate such “pests”— the incorrigibly wicked—for the sake of the righteous ones.

Ah, yes ... nothing quite says "I love you" like the threat of a violent, horrible death! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

And while we're on this tack, how can it possibly be "loving" or "just" that people that have never even heard of Jehovah are "incorrigibly wicked"?

• watson
    watson

Even if they've heard of Jehovah...it may be difficult for many to leave their family's customs, culture, lose their national loyalty, perhaps leave their significant other because of what they hear and from whom they hear it, about an ancient Hebrew god. They may need more.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I will also echo that it's not unheard of for a GB member to show up at a Circuit Assembly. I went to one about 4 years ago. Don't remember who it was, just that he wasn't all that great of a speaker really and he was young. I thought TOO young to be on the GB surely. lol

• 00DAD
    00DAD

baltar447: I will also echo that it's not unheard of for a GB member to show up at a Circuit Assembly. I went to one about 4 years ago. Don't remember who it was, just that he wasn't all that great of a speaker really and he was young. I thought TOO young to be on the GB surely. lol

Which brings up an interesting question: Just exactly WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS TO BE A GB MEMBER?

This is an even greater mystery than the question, "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie pop?"

Mr. Owl

No one seems to know?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

they are the same as being annointed, or whatever the hell they feel like

• out4good3
    out4good3

*** w05 12/1 p. 6 Armageddon—A Happy Beginning ***Many wonder, however, why a God who is the very embodiment of love would inflict death and destruction on much of humankind. The situation might be compared to that of a pest-infested house. Would you not agree that a conscientious homeowner should safeguard the health and well-being of his family by exterminating the pests?

Strawman Argument Alert!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit