On A JW's Facebook Page

by EmptyInside 10 Replies latest social humour

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I must admit this one Witness always has gems of "wisdom" on her wall. And she leaves it open to the public,so...

The other day after she posts the text,one of her friends asks what the Bible reading is for the week. And they also need the pages of B.S. , I kid you not,that is how it was abbreviated for book study. I found it kind of ironic and it make me chuckle a bit.

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

*snicker* BS.... So full of BS!

• steve2
    steve2

Of course she leaves it open to the public. She's probably found a new, effortless way to count time! Wow, sister, for someone who spends so much time online, you still manage to pioneer. How do you do it??

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Is this the same one you told me about who pronounces coboe as "CO BE"? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

This is one that was shown to me.

Q. Hey Bro. and Sis.
    What will i do??
    My teacher told me to comfile the different religion of Asia and that invovles about the Christianity.
    Can you give me links where can i get about it??
    Or should i just research in the internet?

A. Try the bound volumes first. It's safer

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Hi Jamie,no it's not the same Witness who pronounces the abbreviation for the COBE as Kobe ,as in Kobe Bryant.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Hey jamie what's wrong with that? Everyone in my congregation pronounced it that way? I don't think I ever stopped using the term PO though.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I guess there is nothing wrong with that Mr. Freeze. It just struck us as funny. Because the first time I heard it,I'm like what's a COBE.

It's funny how they have to change the names of titles and abbreviations,meanwhile,leading 7 million Witnesses in a life-saving work. But,they got time to change words and a whole song book because they no longer use the term new order.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Far be it from me to defend my congregation...

Man, if I had stayed in the JW's, in 50 years I woulda been one of those old coots saying "Back in my day, we used to call the COBE the presiding overseer. And we even used to have the bible study in various homes every Tuesday!"

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

My father never caught on to making return visits,they were always "back calls".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit