I don't believe the Bible is Inspired of god - Why do you / don't you?

by cantleave 202 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If it was inspired of God, it would be Crytsal Clear.

Thou shalt not

thou shalt

It would not be open to interpretation by man.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Sab, you're still picking and choosing and contorting things to attribute coincidence and human ambition to a being with a higher purpose because that's what you WANT to believe. All you need to do is acknowledge that and there's no stopping you, baby!

...but let's hug it out cuz I think you're a sweetie

I cannot escape my own bias I can only learn to avoid it.

-Sab

• tec
    tec

I think some is inspired and some is not. It wasn't written as one book, so there is no reason at all to lump it all together as one book.

Now as to what I think is inspired, even that is subject to translation, understanding, errors, etc.

Even so, the books and letters contained within are still witness accounts, myths, histories, laws, prophets, moral lessons, etc... all of which shed light onto what those who wrote it saw, e x perienced, and believed.

It's a shame that Jesus isn't recorded as speaking out on his viewpoint of homosexuality to set the record straight.

Well, we don't know everything He said, of course, so he could have. Or He could have said a lot just by being silent. I mean, if He had to speak out and correct every single false teaching, then he might not have had the time to speak just the actual Truth. Instead He taught us truth. Which we can choose to follow Him and His teachings, and set aside all else that others taught or will teach, especially those things that contradict what Christ taught. Or we can try and sift through what Christ taught and what others taught, and wonder what Christ thought on these other matters. When He probably didn't think anything about them because they weren't true.

Personally, I find it much simpler (and clearer) if I just focus on Him to know what is true. Because if you know what is true... then you'll also recognize what is false. But you gotta know truth first.

Peace,

Tammy

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

It gives me hope. I've not seen a better deal being offered to me.

I said this. This is what i meant. I have hope based on faith. Strong faith. Faith is a fruitage of the spirit. The evidence in my life. I have this because I believe in Christ who is God's means of saving us. God's eternal purpose, his divine plan of the ages. I first learnt of this plan from the Bible hence it is inspired.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Terry stated:

You know what is interesting to me?

A number of years back I came on to this Discussion Group (in its old incarnation) and posted some Topics that asked people to examine

the historical facts and evidence about Bible transmission and provenance and--guess what? The MAJORITY of people on the list who responded

were upset by it.

And now--I'd say the majority has reversed!

People have moved on and are thinking for themselves and asking honest questions. They are doing the heavy lifting on pursuing facts where they lead

and making the hard choices.

I must say--I think this commendable.

Hip hip HOORAAAAA Y

I say

I first learnt of this plan from the Bible hence it is inspired.

So, if the book says it's inspired by god, then it must be, right? The Watchtower loves this sort of reasoning . . .

• cantleave
    cantleave

I love this circular reasoning

• still thinking
    still thinking

You spin me round round baby right round

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

intellectual honesty... its on the rise.... but still very rare

• designs
    designs

What a difference 30 years make. Back in 1980 when Ray Franz and Ed Dunlap we saw Witnesses leaving and joining other religious groups. Now armed with education xWitnesses are making broader choices. Humanism is on the rise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit